TED not working on OSX Sierra Public BETA

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/TED not working on OSX Sierra Public BETA

AaronK(Posted 2016) [#1]
Yes I know it's a BETA, but just wanted to give a heads up on this. I run TED, icon appears and then it quits.

Soap(Posted 2016) [#2]
It's still not working by the way... 87b does not work? 87a does?

Rieha(Posted 2016) [#3]
Just noticed the same issue on my Macbook Pro (retina 2013) with macOS 10.12. Is there anywhere I could download 87a? Edit: Got it, but it doesn't work either.

Soap(Posted 2016) [#4]
My 87a build was downloaded before updating to Sierra, maybe permissions or something has to do with it.

Rieha(Posted 2016) [#5]
I tried some weird voodoo stuff but still no luck. Looks like it's time to start using some unofficial IDE.

MikeHart(Posted 2016) [#6]
Sounds like a permission problem.

Soap(Posted 2016) [#7]
Good call on the unofficial IDE. I'll use Mollusk. http://grudlux.com/mollusk/

marksibly(Posted 2016) [#8]
Ok, it looks like apple have changed 'something' in sierra that's preventing the monkeyx zip download from running.

If I build monkey x, zip it up and then unzip it, it works fine. However, if I upload the zip anywhere, then download it, it wont run. Tried tinkering with permissions, gatekeeper etc with no success.

However, it appears 'packages' do work (well, they do for me) so I've added a "Monkey X 87b (OS X Sierra)" download to the 'experimental' downloads section. This will install MonkeyX87b to the /Applications dir. You should be able to drag it around after that.

Please give this a try and let me know if it works!

Rieha(Posted 2016) [#9]
Launching Ted directly from bin directory works, but trying to start the Monkey application doesn't (icon appears and disappears immediately like before). Maybe it's my computer acting funny. Doesn't bother me as everything seems to work right anyways. Thanks!

pit(Posted 2016) [#10]
Same problem on official 10.12 release on a "fresh" mac mini.
No news about this bug ?
Is there still someone making the support of Monkey ???
A such big problem still existing after weeks....
:-(

Pit

Qube(Posted 2016) [#11]
I fixed it on MacOS Sierra by dragging the Monkey.app out of it's folder and onto the desktop and then dragging it back from the desktop to it's originating folder.

pit(Posted 2016) [#12]
indeed, with this tips, it works but..... it don't find the doc anymore ???
:-/

Pit

Qube(Posted 2016) [#13]
It will if you do the same with ted.app

marksibly(Posted 2016) [#14]
Can someone confirm they have tried the new pkg download and that it does or doesn't work, as per my last post above?

It works for me 2 other customers so far.

Qube(Posted 2016) [#15]
Can someone confirm they have tried the new pkg download and that it does or doesn't work, as per my last post above?

The MacOS Sierra PKG works here no problems.

Soap(Posted 2016) [#16]
The PKG works. It would be just a little bit better if you signed it with your developer identity.