Ted on v85e does not come bundled with Qt (OS X)

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/Ted on v85e does not come bundled with Qt (OS X)

JaviCervera(Posted 2015) [#1]
On OS X, Ted used to come bundled with the Qt frameworks, but it is no longer the case anymore (used to be 40+ MB, now it's less than 1), so I'm getting an error on launch under OS X El Capitan.

TheRedFox(Posted 2015) [#2]
Mine crashes on OSX Yosemite.

JaviCervera(Posted 2015) [#3]
Yep, that's because it can't find the Qt4 frameworks. v84e should work tho'.

dawlane(Posted 2015) [#4]
Yes. On examining the app bundle the Qt framework package is missing. From what I remember, Mark moved over to Qt 5 as El Capitan had issues with Qt4. The version of TED that comes with 85e appears to link to Qt4. Was the deploy script run?

If you need that version. I have built it against Qt5.5.1. You can get it for a limited time from the link below. Or you download the version from github, install the Qt SDK and build it yourself.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a00v599yhnvwaeb/Ted-MX85e.zip?dl=0

TheRedFox(Posted 2015) [#5]
Thanks for this, it works fine!

JaviCervera(Posted 2015) [#6]
Thanks, Dawlane! Yeah, I have worked on other Qt projects before and could rebuild Ted, but I remarked this because the way it should be is how it worked before: you unzip the package, launch the IDE, and get started without any issues.

PrismaticRealms(Posted 2016) [#7]
Thanks from me too, Dawlane! I just upgraded to 85e on OS X 10.11.2, and found I couldn't start Ted up due to the QT framework issue. Your version of Ted seems to do the trick.