MonkeyStore Android: service binding exception

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/MonkeyStore Android: service binding exception

secondgear(Posted 2015) [#1]
All of a sudden my game started force-closing in BBMonkeyStore() constructor (probably after the last Lollipop update):

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Service Intent must be explicit: Intent { act=com.android.vending.billing.InAppBillingService.BIND }

The solution seems to be this:

public BBMonkeyStore(){
	_activity=BBAndroidGame.AndroidGame().GetActivity();

Intent intent=new Intent( "com.android.vending.billing.InAppBillingService.BIND" );

// added this line
	intent.setPackage("com.android.vending");

_activity.bindService( intent,this,Context.BIND_AUTO_CREATE );
}

The idea came from this stackoverflow discussion

Nobuyuki(Posted 2015) [#2]
recommend putting in a pull request on monkey's GitHub

marksibly(Posted 2015) [#3]
Well, I've been at it all day and can't for the life of me get Android IAP working!

I have:

* Uploaded/published the APK to the 'alpha testing' section of googleplay developer console.

* Made sure the in app purchases are all active for the app, ie: they all show up when my app is selected and have 'active' next to them.

* Added the account I'm using on my nexus 7 for testing (not my developer acount) to the 'gmail accounts with testing access' area.

Opening the store works, but 0 products are listed - ie: detailsList returned by getSkuDetails() is empty.

I have recently 'upgraded' (cough) my nexus 7 to lollipop, so perhaps that's it - dunno, any ideas?

secondgear(Posted 2015) [#4]
I also have Nexus 7 with Lollipop. The only thing I do differently is I upload the APK into beta testing area, and use the Google+ community I created when I click on "Manage list of testers" on the same page where the APK is. Usually takes 2-3 hours before the app is available for testing, but I'm in Canada, so propagation delays might be different.

marksibly(Posted 2015) [#5]
Well, working this morning so I guess I just had to wait a bit.