{GLFW3}: Small bug with Mojo's 'GetChar' command

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/{GLFW3}: Small bug with Mojo's 'GetChar' command

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2014) [#1]
Not sure if this is a bug with GLFW3, or if it's Monkey related, but the 'GetChar' command won't repeat 'CHAR_BACKSPACE' multiple times when it normally would with GLFW2. It's not a big deal, I just thought I'd mention it.

I noticed this when writing an example using 'GetChar', you can find that example here. That should show you the bug if it wasn't already obvious.

EDIT: I'm on Windows 8.1 (x64) for the record, and I was using V82(A) at the time. I'll check if this is still an issue with V82(B).

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2014) [#2]
*BUMP* - I'm not normally one to do this, but apparently someone else has been having this problem.

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#3]
I would put my money on this being a GLFW3 issue. Remember that Mark did say that he was a bit reluctant releasing the GLFW3 target because of the bugs in the GLFW3 framework and a quick search of the GLFW community has mentioned a few keyboard problems.

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#4]
Hmm, not repeating enter or delete either here...will investigate.

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#5]
Ok, glfw3 has added a new GLFW_REPEAT I didn't know about!

However, glfw3 doesn't appear to actually be using it for most keys, which still generate GLFW_PRESS when held down.

This should fix the issue though: https://github.com/blitz-research/monkey/blob/develop/targets/glfw3/modules/native/glfwgame.cpp

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2014) [#6]
Thanks Mark, works like a charm.

sereschkin(Posted 2014) [#7]
Thank you very much. The timing couldn't be better :)