Monkey uses Google V2 Billing version?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/Monkey uses Google V2 Billing version?

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hey Mark,

just got this from Google:

Hello,

Beginning January 2015, we will end support for the In-app Billing Version 2 API. After this date, users will no longer be able to make in-app purchases using your app until you upgrade your app to use the Version 3 API.

The list below contains the applications that we detected which have had a transaction on the v2 API in the last 3 months. This list may contain applications that you have already updated to version 3.

com.cobblecrowd.paintconquer

com.cobblecrowd.toddlerpuzzle

We recommend that you migrate your version 2 implementation to version 3 as soon as possible to avoid any disruption to your app monetization for the above apps. For apps in this list that have already been updated, please verify your implementation.

I always had the impression you already use the v3 api? Google tells that it is v2?!

secondgear(Posted 2014) [#2]
There is something wrong with this e-mail. I implemented IAP myself, using v3 for most of our apps. Still, the e-mail lists the apps that never had v2 in them.

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#3]
Interesting. I got this for all of my apps (all monkey) where I use IAP. And Mark once told that he uses only v3. Hmm...

therevills(Posted 2014) [#4]
Looking here:

http://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/billing_integrate.html

It talks about the Android Interface Definition Language named "IInAppBillingService.aidl" this is for v3.

Here http://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/v2/billing_integrate.html it talks about "IMarketBillingService.aidl" which I think is only for v2....

If you look within the MonkeyX codebase you can see it uses IInAppBillingService.aidl.

Also looking in the MonkeyX code it uses "INAPP_PURCHASE_DATA" which is only referenced by v3.

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#5]
Not sure what's up with this but I'll have a look ASAP.

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#6]
Pretty sure this is a false positive.As long as you're using the new "Android (experimental)" target - soon to be renamed "Android (Api 10)" - there shouldn't be any problem.

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#7]
Thanks Mark! :)

Snader(Posted 2014) [#8]
Thanks MArk!