Android Home doesn't stop some looping sounds

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/Android Home doesn't stop some looping sounds

Grey Alien(Posted 2014) [#1]
I encountered a weird problem with the mobile port of Titan Attacks that I just made that I have detailed in this thread with a possible fix: http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=8926

To summarise: Sometimes a looping sound can play when it is not supposed to and then if you press Home it won't stop playing even though mojo suspends all active channels. I saw a potential problem in mojo.android.java (which could result in pool.stop being called on the same channel twice) and made a change which seems to have fixed it.

It's going to be very hard for anyone to duplicate it without running our game or making a special test app. I think the problem is with Android's sound pool (and then only on some devices) but it can be avoided by the change I made which appears to make the code "safer"

@Mark: If you agree that the change I propose is "safer" and doesn't have any ill effects on your code (I can't see any), then it would be good if you could make this an official change. Thanks!