Android Fullscreen Keyboard does not display input

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/Android Fullscreen Keyboard does not display input

StoneFaceEXE(Posted 2014) [#1]
So when I EnableKeyboard() on some android devices it covers the whole screen (Lower part is keyboard itself and the upper part shows input characters).
So yes, basically I get the input to my custom made field but I don't see the characters that I type in the upper part.

ps: v97e.

skid(Posted 2014) [#2]
Which version of Monkey?

Same issue was reported (badly) here, but now works correctly for phone I was testing with.

StoneFaceEXE(Posted 2014) [#3]
ps: v97e.

But I mean it is okay that top half of the screen is not visible. I'm worried about not seing the characters I input in that part of the screen.

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#4]
v97e? Monkey from the future! Good to now it's still around...

Anyway, this should be fixed.

What is the device make/model etc?

Have you got a 3rd party keyboard installed and/or in use?

StoneFaceEXE(Posted 2014) [#5]
Oh lol I meant 79e )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I got two devices:
-One is Tai fake of Samsung Galaxy III (without 3g but still pretty powerfull)
-The other one is Just5 Spacer

Both of them use default android keyboard right from the box, nothing added.
Both have Android 4.0.4+

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#6]
There is probably nothing I can do about this - Monkey already sets the appropriate flags and burns the appropriate incense that is supposed to fix this, but ultimately it's up to whoever/whatever writes the custom soft keyboard code to follow the specs (where ever they are) to make sure it all works.

Again, I should *never* have implemented this 'feature'...spending the time on a 'flaky-but-at-least-it-works-everywhere' mojo demo/module instead would have been a much better idea.