IOS not copying files/folders from target properly

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/IOS not copying files/folders from target properly

Skn3(Posted 2014) [#1]
Found a bug when trying to implement the pushwoosh framework. I built a custom target and put the framework into the target so that it would get copied durin the build process.

Turns out monkey is not respecting aliases/links in the build process. In a framework you have aliases in the root that point to code found in sub-folders. This is a standard framework structure. Monkey is flattening these aliases and essentially corrupting the frameworks upon copy.

I think the fix would require adding the ability for FILETYPE_ALIAS returned from FileType and then more built in functionality to handle copying aliases properly.

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#2]
Ugh...dont have much experience with copying links etc.

What needs to be fixed exactly? CopyFile? CopyDir?

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#3]
...could I perhaps use shell "cp -R source destination" to perform the initial target copy step on ios/macos?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/221267/copying-symbolic-links-in-mac-os-x

Skn3(Posted 2014) [#4]
Could you use functions like:
lstat, symlink and readlink.

I am not sure which commands are cross platform though?

Using cp seems fairly limited, what if you wanted to support the import of non system frameworks via 3rd party module. e.g #LIBS += "native/myframe.framework"? Unless of course this was achieved with a cp for each line in the LIBS var.