v79e desktop/glfw continuous memory increase..?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/v79e desktop/glfw continuous memory increase..?

Skn3(Posted 2014) [#1]
Dunno if this is a bug, but the following code in release or debug, will continuously increase memory usage for the app.

Import mojo

Function Main()
	New Game()
End

Class Game Extends App
	Method OnCreate:Int()
		SetUpdateRate(1000)
	End

Method OnRender:Int()
		Cls()
	End
End

It seems to be tied to the update rate so if you SetUpdateRate(1) the increase happens, just at a greatly reduced rate.

This was tested on 64bit Windows 7.

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#2]
Here, mem usage starts at 14M, after about a minute hits 16.6M, then drops back to 16.5M and settles about there.

This is typical GC behaviour - memory usage takes a while to peak/settle, depending on how quickly your app is consuming memory.

Skn3(Posted 2014) [#3]
For me it climbs until about 150meg and then levels, is that normal for a blank app? (only climbs when the app has focus)

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#4]
> For me it climbs until about 150meg

Sounds excessive - what does it start at?

Any idea if it's vsynced or not?

Use #MOJO_AUTO_SUSPEND_ENABLED=False to make it to run when suspended.

Skn3(Posted 2014) [#5]
Without #MOJO_AUTO_SUSPEND_ENABLED=False it starts at just under 40meg.

With it enabled, it climbs to the same (150ish meg) but with the difference that it doesn't matter if the app is focused or not.

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#6]
Revised version:

SetSwapinterval works here, might not there etc...

Still maxes out at about 16M here, with swapinterval 0, maxes out quicker as expected.

Skn3(Posted 2014) [#7]
Tried running the above and it takes a lot longer (like 10+ minutes) to get to the 150meg but it does and then caps out??

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2014) [#8]
Mark's example maxes out at 15,180 KB for me (According to the task manager), and even dips down on occasion (On my system). It doesn't excessively leak memory for me. I'm also using V79(e), and I'm on Windows 8. That being said, is it possible this is some kind of driver-related memory leak?

EDIT: After about 10 minutes of testing, memory usage has gone down to 14,872 KB.

Skn3(Posted 2014) [#9]
Potentially driver related. I'll try updating drivers now...

Skn3(Posted 2014) [#10]
Well the graphics driver update fixed it (that or restarting the pc).

Now starts at 35meg and holds there.

Hurrah, sorry for wasting anyone's time ;)