GLFW doesn't register keypad enter key

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/GLFW doesn't register keypad enter key

Raz(Posted 2013) [#1]
As title really.

When using GetChar() HTML5 registers the keypad enter key as 13 (same as the return key), but GLFW doesn't register it at all.

Thanks
-Chris

Raz(Posted 2013) [#2]
Import mojo

Class TestApp Extends App

Method OnCreate:Int()
		SetUpdateRate(30)
		Return 0
	End

Method OnUpdate:Int()
		Local keyPress:Int = GetChar()
		If keyPress <> 0
			Print "CHAR INT : " + keyPress
			Select keyPress
				Case CHAR_ENTER
					Print "I HAVE PRESSED ENTER"
				Case CHAR_ESCAPE
					Print "I HAVE PRESSED ESCAPE"
				Case CHAR_BACKSPACE
					Print "I HAVE PRESSED BACKSPACE"

End
		Endif
		Return 0
	End

Method OnRender:Int()
		Return 0	
	End

End

Function Main()
	New TestApp
End

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#3]
Unfortunately GLFW has a lot of dead keys, some of which which are region-specific. Be happy that at least the standard enter key works for you, a friend of mine in Canada (with multiple keyboard layouts; they use like 3 standards there) couldn't get it to work at all on this target!

IIRC, the glfw developers are working on this for GLFW3, but I've yet to see Mark respond to a glfw dead keys report on this forum. I'm guessing it's an upstream problem, and we're probably SOL until glfw3.

Edit: I tried to get the relevant information of this off the GLFW wiki, but it appears to have been hacked -- the only thing there is some indecipherable crap in Hindi. So instead, here's a bug report of the same problem from over a year ago: http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=3034

Raz(Posted 2013) [#4]
Ahh ok, so this is a GLFW issue, not a Monkey issue? In that case, ignore! Thanks Nobu.