AUTO_SUSPEND_ENABLED Audio Bug

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/AUTO_SUSPEND_ENABLED Audio Bug

CGV(Posted 2013) [#1]
Please check out this thread

There's a bug in gxtkAudio which only shows up if #MOJO_AUTO_SUSPEND_ENABLED is set to True.

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#2]
Have you tried the latest experimental version?

CGV(Posted 2013) [#3]
I tried V73b and got the following error:

G:\Current Dev\main.build\flash\MonkeyGame.as(1754): col: 60 Error: Implicit coercion of a value of type Boolean to an unrelated type int.

chan.channel = chan.sample.sound.play(timeMillis, chan.loops, chan.transform);

That error wasn't being thrown with any earlier version, it would always build okay but then crash as described in the thread I linked to above.

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#4]
Where does that code come from?

It doesn't appear to be from anywhere in v73b...

Can you try the bananas/mak/audiotest sample in v73b?

Can you post a 'runnable' example?

CGV(Posted 2013) [#5]
Okay Mark, it looks like you're off the hook.

I just did an extensive test of v37b building almost every app in the bananas folder and they all ran perfectly, suspend/resume worked fine.

It turned out it was Diddy apps that are now crashing in v37b with the error I posted above. All Diddy apps, with or without sound, with or without suspend/resume.

Whatever you changed in v37b fixed the earlier problem. I guess it's up to therevills and Samah to figure out what broke in Diddy now.

Thanks for your effort. I guess Monkey doesn't need to bake anymore after all. :)

therevills(Posted 2013) [#6]
Mark changed the gxtkChannel loops variable from an int to a boolean which causes the compile error. I've committed a change to Diddy so it at least compiles again...

@CGV if you find anything like this again please post in the Diddy thread as we might not see it otherwise :)

CGV(Posted 2013) [#7]
@CGV if you find anything like this again please post in the Diddy thread as we might not see it otherwise :)
Yep, that was my plan but it was after 1AM when I posted here and thought I'd leave it until tomorrow.

Didn't realize you'd be this quick to fix it :) Thanks!