WP8 CloseApp() or Error

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/WP8 CloseApp() or Error

CopperCircle(Posted 2013) [#1]
Closing an app using Error"" on WP8 generates a crash report in the developer account, the app works fine but freaked my out at first seeing a report it had crashed thousands of times!

Amon(Posted 2013) [#2]
I was having the same issue when using Diddy framework. therevills fixed but I gave up because even though the fix worked it didn't work all the time, either there is something deeper going on that WP8 or Windows APP Store doesn't like with diddy or I'm doing something wrong in a bad way.

But yeah, on the surface of it it runs fine but sometimes on exiting I get blasted with crash reports.

Without using diddy though this doesn't happen.

I know this isn't a solution post I'm making but just saying you're not the only one experiencing this.

[edit] Are you using Diddy?

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#3]
Hi,

You should only use Error "" or EndApp inside OnBack or OnClose on Win8. Please see docs for EndApp. That said, it shouldn't be causing a crash if you don't. Will fix.

I tried pretty hard to find a way around this on Win8, but to not avail...

Amon(Posted 2013) [#4]
I created a test app using Monkey 71c and the latest diddy repo.

The first few times it worked, I think - didn't see any crashes, but running it a 3rd time it borked with errors again when exiting the app. This is for the Windows 8 RT target and using diddy as my framework.

CopperCircle(Posted 2013) [#5]
I get this error when calling Error "" or EndApp() inside the OnBack() Method on Windows Phone 8

Unhandled exception at 0x75DE39AF (Msvcr110.dll) in MonkeyGame.exe: An invalid parameter was passed to a function that considers invalid parameters fatal.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#6]
Remove Error in OnBack. Win8 apps and WinPhone apps are not suppose to be closed. MS will reject your app anyway if they detect some kind of exit mechanics.

And you didn't call OnBack yourself, or?