Wish for building process

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/Wish for building process

Midimaster(Posted 2013) [#1]
first, you are doing a wonderful job for us, thank you!

Is it possible to change the behavior of the building process of android target?

For me it looks like, that there is no difference between "Build" and "Build&Run". Both start the whole procedure with error checking, building, tranfering and starting.

I would like to have a "only error check" possibility or "only check, build, but not transfer".

This would be very helpful. Because of another already reported problem/bug the device does not accept a 2nd transfer after the first apk had a bug. I always have to restart the device. Because of this I disconncect/reconnect my device form USB >100 times a day.

And another small question: Is it possible that a click at a "Code Browser entry" could adjust the found function not at the bottom of the window? (The search algo does it right already.) Best place would be 10 lines below the top...

thank you

Samah(Posted 2013) [#2]
For me it looks like, that there is no difference between "Build" and "Build&Run".

"Build" compiles the application and deploys it to the device. "Run" starts up the activity once it's been deployed. What would be nice is to make "Build" ONLY compile and package the application, and have "Run" do the deployment to the device.

Midimaster(Posted 2013) [#3]
yes, this would be perfect!