Ted editor - 3 issues

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/Ted editor - 3 issues

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#1]
I have noticed with switching between win/mac and using the ted editor that there are a few minor issues missing/broken. I don't use it regaularly, but I have been doing some module development so it just seems easier to do it in ted as there is no jungle on mac.

- missing native keyboard shortcuts on mac. One of the menu items even lists "f3" as its shortcut. Which is the default to bring up the desktops overview. It is a real headache trying to switch between mac and windows keyboards as it is. Throw in that certain programs dont adhere to mac land, well it makes it worse.

- can't drag and drop to open files. I tend to work with many open directories on a "desktop" and then just drag files into whichever ide. Can't do that in ted. Ontop of that you can't double click to open as it will open a seperate ide (See point below)

- If I double click two seperate files in explorer then two copies of ted will open.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#2]
On a Mac you need to press the FN key with the function keys. That is an OS thing and has nothing to do with Monkey.

I agree on the 2 others, would be nice to have.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
I'm also having to use Ted every now and again when working on some random bits of code and coming from jungle to Ted is horrifying so I can understand how big a headache it must be trying to work between platforms.

I'm sure the TED code is in the monkey dir, you could just hack yours to do what your needing.

I think what we really need however is an open source drive when it comes to TED, not like the Max CE edition, but more of a method by which the community can work on TED and then submit their changes to Mark for consideration and inclusion in the official build.

If mark accepts contributions when it comes to the ide, I am confident it will advance at a much faster pace than it is at the moment.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#4]
Guess I am the only one who loves the simplicity of TED or former Monk. Jungle is to overloaded for my taste.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#5]
I would rather have an IDE with things I can turn off to make it suit, than an IDE that simply cant do things that have really been standard for many many years when it comes to editors.

slenkar(Posted 2013) [#6]
TED is great
I would like a keyboard shortcut for 'find in files'
and I would like to be able to change the keyboard shortcut for navigating the tabs

CTRL-SHIFT-TAB is too much just to go left one tab

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#7]
Would also be good to get keyboard shortcut for find and replace.

Difference(Posted 2013) [#8]
@MikeHart : You are not alone :-)

I'm really missing the CMD+W = Close tab on Mac

Also I'd like CMD+F to be find and CMD+G to be Find Next, as is standard on OS X.

Also, I think it's possible to change Info.pList in order to make QuickLock view Monkey code in Finder, that would be really nice too.

I can't make Ted open a .monkey file, when I Doubleclick it.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#9]
The clunky search options are my only major bugbear with Ted.

Obviously there are things I would like (when I'm rich I'll get Jungle) - number one would be the ability to right-click on a method and see where it is referenced - but a better search is all I really *need*.

Playniax(Posted 2014) [#10]
I found this old post and I am having the same issues, I thought it would be a matter of time but so far no fix :(

For me drag and drop would be great and prevention of TED opening more then once :)

Kslam(Posted 2014) [#11]
I found that when using "Find", the highlight color is gray color which is too blur. I suggest use the blue color.