Pro 63b's Ted.exe cant start, missing MSVCP100.dll

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/Pro 63b's Ted.exe cant start, missing MSVCP100.dll

Waldo Reed(Posted 2012) [#1]
Since I was evaluating Monkey demo 63 I figured I would continue with pro 63b now I purchased a license today. When I try to open Ted, a popup dialog box appears with the title, "Ted.exe - System Error". The message reads, "The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I don't understand the request to reinstall since we merely unzip and copy the directory to the Program Files directory. I am still able to open Monkey demo 63 as well as Monkey pro version 66.

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2012) [#2]
Why are you trying to run an older version of Monkey? If version 66 works, then the problem from 63b was already fixed; so use version 66.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#3]
You can the newest version in your account section under product updates. Installing is basically just unziping the content of the package and reinstalling the 3rd party modules you use. The files you are missing are located inside the bin folder of the demo verison too. So if oyu don't want to download the newest monkey version, then you can copy over this and another dll that was missing from the demo.

Waldo Reed(Posted 2012) [#4]
GLG, for this reason found on the product update page--> VERY IMPORTANT: Monkey updates are released early and often! The most recent release should therefore always be considered somewhat 'experimental', and in particular should not be used to build products intended for commercial redistribution - ie: don't use the most recent update for 'release' code.

GLG, check out this:
bool testPrinter()
{
sleep(15000);
return(true); // where a true return value notifys customer of a
// working printer
}

Fake printer test code similar to the above was actually released in Cybermedias PC utility product, First Aid, circa windows 95!

Thanks MikeHart, I see where a couple of dlls are missing from the bin folder of 63b.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#5]
Well. I would not take that statement very seriously. Mark's updates so far were very solid. I don't see them as betas and i think it is safe to go with the newest version. Sometimes you need to delete the build directory of your current project but that isn't much of a problem for me. We dont see seperate stable releases but sometimes experimental ones, that located at the end of that list i think.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#6]
I'd say that it's sensible to hold off for several days at least if you're actively working on a project. You can see most of the occasions when releases have had bugs that required rapid patching just by looking for the versions with letter suffixes on the updates page. Show-stopper bugs are less frequent now than they were but I'd rather avoid the frustration.