Flash Sound Bug Win 7

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/Flash Sound Bug Win 7

Origaming(Posted 2012) [#1]
i forgot to tell flash has a bug that appear only on win7 if speaker or headset unplug.

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#2]
Hi,

Not sure what you mean, sorry.

Could you please provide more information, eg: the steps involved to reproduce the bug?

Origaming(Posted 2012) [#3]
sorry,

http://www.binrand.com/post/1190750-sound-sound-issue-in-windows-7-to-make-sure-your-game-meets-this.html

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#4]
Hi,

Are you actually getting a crash?

I just pulled out all my leads, disabled all my audio devices and bananas/mak/audiotest is still running OK on Win7, if a little quietly.

Is audiotest crashing for you?

If not, can you post some code that IS crashing?

Origaming(Posted 2012) [#5]
i test audiotest, and got freeze if i unplug my audio devices.

audiotest
v62
win7
Flash

BlackD(Posted 2012) [#6]
This is a known bug with Flash in Windows 7, if Flash audio is playing and a USB sound device currently playing the sound is disconnected - it crashes the flash container. I haven't done much investigation into it but I have read about it in a few places but haven't done much looking into it because it's a client error and not really a software bug per se. Certainly at the Flash level, it's nothing we can correct in programming.

It may only happen in certain browsers (I know 32-bit Firefox on 64-bit systems is highly susceptible to it, and it can crash the entire browser not just a single tab or flash instance), and it may only happen with certain hardware (ie, drivers not releasing the audio correctly), but it's not something you're going to be able to fix in code, Origaming.

Edit: Just did some quick Googling - it can happen even with non-USB audio devices if you've got some smart drivers which try to change where the audio is playing once you unplug. Try using another browser and see if the same thing happens.