Imports bug report

Monkey Forums/Monkey Bug Reports/Imports bug report

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#1]
The Import sentence seems to not be taking into account the case of the file it's being imported, and that makes Monkey very linux un-friendly and, also, given that all the identifiers are case-sensitive, and modulenames can be used to qualify classes, in reflection etc, it makes it inconsistent. I was not sure if this should be reported as a bug report, but I think it should be fixed.
Additionally, REFLECTION_FILTER forces you to write all module names lowercase to work, even if they have uppercase letters in its name This could be related.
One possible solution would be to force all monkey modulenames (and paths) to be lowercase also in disk, and problem solved for ever. This, or properly taking account of filename casing.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#2]
Yeah, this was causing me all sorts of greif..

and you beat me to it ziggy. thanks mate, I know that must have been bugging you thinking there might have been an issue with Jungle.

I think just making it case sensitive full stop would be enough, as soon as some one does not match up their case with the file names case on the drive , throw and error it will save lots of hassle down the line.