problem in compile on windows

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/problem in compile on windows

skinkairewalker(Posted April) [#1]
hi everyone !

when i am try compile show this error >

" "C:/Users/Waldemar Lima/Downloads/MonkeyXPro86e/MonkeyXPro86e/bin/transcc_winnt" -target=Desktop_Game_(Glfw3) -config=Release "C:/Users/Waldemar Lima/Downloads/MonkeyXPro86e/MonkeyXPro86e/modules/mojo2/bananas/helloworld/helloworld.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.87
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
g++ -m32 -O3 -DNDEBUG -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Release32/main.o ../main.cpp
g++ -m32 -Wl,--subsystem,windows -L../openal/libs/Win32 -L../openal/libs/Win64 -o Release32/MonkeyGame build/Release32/context.o build/Release32/init.o build/Release32/input.o build/Release32/monitor.o build/Release32/wgl_context.o build/Release32/win32_init.o build/Release32/win32_monitor.o build/Release32/win32_time.o build/Release32/win32_tls.o build/Release32/win32_window.o build/Release32/window.o build/Release32/winmm_joystick.o build/Release32/stb_vorbis.o build/Release32/stb_image.o build/Release32/main.o -lcomdlg32 -lgdi32 -lopengl32 -lOpenAL32 -lws2_32
../openal/libs/Win32/OpenAL32.lib: error adding symbols: File in wrong format
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:49: recipe for target 'Release32/MonkeyGame' failed
mingw32-make: *** [Release32/MonkeyGame] Error 1
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'mingw32-make CCOPTS=" -m32 -O3 -DNDEBUG" LDOPTS=" -m32 " OUT="Release32/MonkeyGame"', return code=2
Done. "

how can i fix it ?

Simonsuuri(Posted April) [#2]
hello! hmm...

i cant tell what is exactly wrong with your compiling from that error. but im quessing that it has something to do with
old or missing SDK.
or since mojo2 uses opengl or something like that, so it may have problem with that too..

at Monkey-x.../bin/config.(winnt/linus/macos).txt you can find SDK paths from where monkey tries to find SDKs

hope this helps..

dawlane(Posted April) [#3]
The clue is in the Open Audio Library, aka OpenAL32.lib.
Lib files are a static library generally associated with Microsoft's compiler tools chain and are files that are linked directly into the resulting executable.
Though the MinGW back-end can handle this file format, there is a nasty bug in a few version of the MinGW tools chain that causes it to stop compilation.
See the second post on how to get round this problem from here.
Focus on the -L option in the mentioned makefile.