The Path of Monkey Tutorial - Small Corrections

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/The Path of Monkey Tutorial - Small Corrections

Wesses(Posted April) [#1]
Hi,

I am a very new programmer and I don't know if these issue are a priority for you but

The Path of Monkey tutorial has a few errors.

I notice that google is misspelled, "goggle," in the third paragraph under HOW MONKEY DOES THE MAGIC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under "Example - Your First Application"

Strict Mode, requires a Return under Function Main:Int ()

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Under "Loading Images and Animations"

this is written.

Your racing.data folder should contain car.png (64x64 in size) and powerup.png (64x128 in size, found to the right here à )

However using Opera as a browser it is found to the left

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"CASESENSITIVITY" is two words

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Like OnCreate, if you where to change :Int to something else"

should be

"were"
----------------------------------------------------------------

Whatever target you compile to you will need to modify that target’s settings or code

Should be

Whatever target you compile to, the compiled code must be modified using the target’s settings or code.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Under the Car Object Code

"if" and "else" are not spelled "If" and "Else" which is what Monkey forces me to use in TED

method is not spelled Method -- "method BorderCollision:Void()"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regardless of the little things, and the fact that I can't seem to get the program running lol -- probably my fault -- This was an excellent tutorial and I thank its author very much!!!!