Build FAILED

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Build FAILED

Dal1980(Posted 2017) [#1]
I'm trying to build and run the script I've wrote in the free version of Monkey X on my new Studio X setup but I'm getting errors?

Everything still works on MonkeyXFree84f
Compiled as Desktop Game (Glfw3)

When I try Monkey X Studio 16.06.22-A
Compiling as Desktop_Game(Glfw3)
I get

C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MonkeyX\MonkeyXPro85e\Bin\transcc_winnt.exe -run -config=debug -target=Desktop_Game_(Glfw3) "C:/Users/CMDEV/Documents/Monkey X Studio/MyMonkey/SpaceIntruders/spaceintruders.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.86
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Invalid UTF-8 in file: C:/Users/CMDEV/Documents/Monkey X Studio/MonkeyX/MonkeyXPro85e/VERSIONS.TXT
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.6.1586.0
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.42000]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "/m" switch.
Build started 11/01/2017 21:53:48.
Project "C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
Building solution configuration "Debug|Win32".
Project "C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.sln" (1) is building "C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default target) (2) ->
C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.43
TRANS FAILED: Error executing '"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe" /p:Configuration=Debug', return code=1
Abnormal program termination.
Exit code: -1

I found the monkey IDE within my documents folder and tried both versions in there too (in case it had anything to do with Monkey X Studio)

MonkeyXPro84c and MonkeyXPro85e compiled as Desktop Game (Glfw3) looks like they produced the same error.

Each time I've built I've deleted the build folder

What's the difference between the free one and the paid for one apart from the free one having no problems?

I feel like I've been dumped into a whole new experience with a different IDE (which isn't really good since I'd got used to Monkeys IDE) not to mention all the paths have changed, I now have Monkey free installed at a different location to my new one and not really sure how the new one works since it is COMPLETELY different!

One step forward two steps back and less in the bank!

Jesse(Posted 2017) [#2]
click on the top right hand corner of the this page on your profile, select register your product. register it then click again on your profile and select product update and update to the latest MonkeyX.
everything should work afterwards.

Dal1980(Posted 2017) [#3]
I'm a little bit confused about the steps.

I go to register the product but there's already Monkey X Studio registered (do I need to register more versions?)
I go to update and it takes me to 3 options so I go to the middle one which mentions Studio X and try to download but I already have this file on my desktop, it was the one I used to install Studio X in the first place.

After install is complete I start the studio X and I believe it then updates again from 15-07-07-A to 16.06.22-A (I'm not sure, it kind of took control and I wasn't going to argue with it)

I know the product has my correct product code and the website profile has the same information. Everything is paired.

What have I done wrong exactly?

I'm going to reinstall anyway just so I've completed your steps

Dal1980(Posted 2017) [#4]
I've eventually got through the setup again and tried to run the script
Looks like it's the same error message

C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MonkeyX\MonkeyXPro85e\Bin\transcc_winnt.exe -run -config=debug -target=Desktop_Game_(Glfw3) "C:/Users/CMDEV/Documents/Monkey X Studio/MyMonkey/SpaceIntruders/spaceintruders.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.86
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Invalid UTF-8 in file: C:/Users/CMDEV/Documents/Monkey X Studio/MonkeyX/MonkeyXPro85e/VERSIONS.TXT
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.6.1586.0
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.42000]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "/m" switch.
Build started 12/01/2017 02:14:04.
Project "C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
Building solution configuration "Debug|Win32".
Project "C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.sln" (1) is building "C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
Done Building Project "C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MyMonkey\SpaceIntruders\spaceintruders.build\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default target) (2) ->

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:11.99
TRANS FAILED: Error executing '"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe" /p:Configuration=Debug', return code=1
Abnormal program termination.
Exit code: -1

rsksenthil(Posted 2017) [#5]
The build error is due to compiling the desktop target using msvc compiler (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19718281/external-vs2013-build-error-error-msb4019-the-imported-project-path-was-not). I do not know how to fix that but you can try the following to get the compilation done using MinGW.
From http://www.monkey-x.com/docs/html/Target%20SDKs_The%20Desktop%20target.html download and setup MinGW.
Once MinGW is setup update the
field "MINGW_PATH=<your MinGW path>"
in the file "config.winnt.txt"
present in the folder C:\Users\CMDEV\Documents\Monkey X Studio\MonkeyX\MonkeyXPro85e\Bin\.

therevills(Posted 2017) [#6]
Also you may want to remove spaces from your path (eg Monkey X Studio), Monkey doesnt like spaces...

Dal1980(Posted 2017) [#7]
You guys realise that i just double clicked a setup file and it did all of this its self.

Think Im going to ask for a refund and go back to the free version as all I've done since paying $99 is struggle with the software.

Thanks anyway

rsksenthil(Posted 2017) [#8]
You can use the options in the Jungle IDE's menu under "Monkey SDKs" to install and configure SDKs for the required platforms.
"Install Windows Desktop tools"
"Install Flash tools"
"Install Android tools"
"Install XBOX 360 and XNA tools"
"Install Windows 8 tools"

Dal1980(Posted 2017) [#9]
Thanks, the free one just works so going back to that