Help Please - Cannot finish installation

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Help Please - Cannot finish installation

BigPhil(Posted 2016) [#1]
I am trying to install Monkey X Studio.

The extraction seems to work fine, then the "Jungle Install Time Compiler" runs and it seems fine. Then setup goes to "Preparing package..." and opens a window on top installing mxmod files. It gets to a point with a window titled "Updating Monkey X" with text "Installing Ignition X.mxmod" and it just sits there forever with a progress bar moving.

Has anyone encountered this? Any suggestions or advice?
I will try installing on my main PC if I can't find any other options, but I generally like to do all my development on my virtuals.

Specs:
This is a HyperV Windows 10 VM in a 2012 R2 Server
4 Cores CPU
8GB RAM

Cheers,
Phil.

Phil7(Posted 2016) [#2]
Hi,
Sorry, I didn't have any problems like this.
I only had problems with it, when installing into a path with space-Chars in it.
Good luck!

Phil

Ashmoor(Posted 2016) [#3]
@BigPhil, you might need some external elements. I am a newb myself but I remember that when I installed various things for different targets it kept asking for external stuff like visual c++ , minigw, android tools etc etc make sure you have all the requested apps installed. There may also be a dialog hidden behind another window, so look out for that as well.

BigPhil(Posted 2016) [#4]
Thanks I'm just building a fresh machine to install it on and will report back.
The one I was installing on had a lot of other components on it.
It would be great to have a installation guide. :(

BigPhil(Posted 2016) [#5]
Figured I should post the results.
It worked.
So the issue was something on the other machine.
This time instead of saying "Updating Monkey X" it said "Installing Monkey X" so maybe my free version installation was causing some issues.
Anyway that's all sorted now so thanks for your input, I'm sure I'll be back here every now and then with more n00b questions.
I'm a very experienced coder so I expect most of my issues with be around IDE usage etc.!