Help with Crashing Programs

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Help with Crashing Programs

LouisField(Posted 2016) [#1]
All my programs will crash randomly, even the ones designed from the tutorials that fully work. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the program but that seems to do nothing, I feel that it may be the fact i have copied the graphics folders from the original folder to another destination, and they could be colliding somehow. Thanks in advance

rIKmAN(Posted 2016) [#2]
What version of Monkey are you using?
What error message are you getting?
What target are you compiling for?

LouisField(Posted 2016) [#3]
I am using the free version, and in the console it comes up with TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'MonkeyGame', return code=-1073740777, and the target i think is Desktop game Glfw 3
Also, it works fine in HTML 5 so i get the feeling its do with the program/executable itself

rIKmAN(Posted 2016) [#4]
Are you using MinGW or MSVC to compile the Desktop targets?
Have you installed your Target SDKs and set the correct paths in the config file?

If you go to the docs and choose "Target SDKs", then "The Desktop Target" it gives you instructions on what to do to get everything setup and working:

The Desktop target
The desktop target (formerly the Glfw target) allows you to create apps for Windows, MacOS and Linux desktop environments.
Desktop apps use the OpenGL API for graphics rendering and the OpenAL API for audio.

Windows Requirements
MinGW 4.9.2 or Visual Studio Express 2013 with Update 4 for Windows Desktop.
OpenAL Windows Drivers

MacOS Requirements
•XCode developer tools. XCode is also available via the Mac 'App Store' app.

Notes
On Windows, either MinGW or MSVC may be used to build desktop apps. If you are using MinGW, the MINGW_PATH var in your Trans config file must be set correctly. If you are using MSVC, the MSBUILD_PATH var in your Trans config file must be set correctly.

LouisField(Posted 2016) [#5]
There is a MinGW folder in the money, but i downlaoded both anyway and ran them and the programs still crash,(there are the same style of documents in the MinGW folder so i feel that was not the problem)I feel it is sometehing to do with the "On Windows, either MinGW or MSVC may be used to build desktop apps. If you are using MinGW, the MINGW_PATH var in your Trans config file must be set correctly" section, but i am unsure if it means this section in the config "#GLFW_USE_MINGW=True", so it is still crashing after a short running period

I looked in event veiwer, and this is what it produced for each MonkeyGame.exe Crash
Faulting application name: MonkeyGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x577ea5c4
Faulting module name: ltc_game32-114279.dll, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x57756220
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x000b2439
Faulting process id: 0x2a44

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d881367fa71e
(Except paths)
Report Id: 7807dc9d-4474-11e6-ad77-d8cb8a6fcb9c

Edit, I googled the module name and apparently it was Plays.TV causing it, oh well

rIKmAN(Posted 2016) [#6]
I think maybe you have not set your paths in the config file?

Open your "MonkeyX/bin/" folder.
Open "config.winnt.txt"
Go through this file and find the MinGW section, and edit/add the path to point to your installation of MinGW.
Save the file.

Add this to your code:
#GLFW_USE_MINGW=True

Delete the .build folder from your project folder.
Compile and Run.

Hopefully it works?

LouisField(Posted 2016) [#7]
Sorry, didnt probably get the point across. The error showed it was the program Plays.Tv(records every game if you didnt know) which caused it to crash, so i uninstalled it. and it fixed it Thanks anyway for your effort :D

rIKmAN(Posted 2016) [#8]
Oh sorry, I missed your edit.

Glad it's working now :)