It will be or there is a Gui On MonkeyX??

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/It will be or there is a Gui On MonkeyX??

FaSaSoftware(Posted 2016) [#1]
It will be or there is a Gui On MonkeyX??

Because if exist ...this monkeyx engine is complete , also we can develop desktop app....

Best regards,

Lestroso

Danilo(Posted 2016) [#2]
There is currently no Monkey-GUI-Toolkit for developing real, nice-looking, native desktop-applications with MonkeyX,
as it is very 2D-game-oriented. I think that will change with the next version, MonkeyX 2 - it should add native cross-platform
desktop-GUI and cross-platform 3D over time, to be the final, all-in-one cross-platform, solution.

There exist quite a few Game/Graphics-oriented GUI-solutions and frameworks out there:
- IgnitionX / Pyro
- fantomEngine / fantomX engine
- EazyGadgets
- Jungle GUI
- NativeUI
- SimpleUI
- many more...

I guess for MX2 ruling the world, being recognized in TIOBE Programming Languages Index, and including
a native cross-platform (Desktop-)GUI-System and a 3D-Engine, at least takes round about 2 or 3 years (easily) - if not more.

PureBasic required 15 years or so to be in the Top-50 of the world (just with the included libraries system,
without being advanced object-oriented, and without being perfect).

The programming language itself is the most important first step, but right after that comes
the tools, frameworks, and libraries-system that enable you to create a wide variety of applications,
easily and as fast as possible (Rapid Application Development, GUI- and Database-Designers, etc.)

It's a big challenge to provide such a system for so many platforms (Desktop, Web, Smartphones, Tablets, Gaming Consoles,
TV Multimedia-Boxes, VirtualReality Gadgets, ...), and it requires people that want to help to create such a nice and big system.

To reach the goal, I assume MX2 will still be enhanced/developed within the next 10 - 15 years, from now on.
Personally, I like to see it as a long-term project for the next 15+ years... ;)

dawlane(Posted 2016) [#3]
There is no official GUI, but AdamRedwoods did do a wxWidgets wrapper. But it hasn't been up date in 3 years.

tiresius(Posted 2016) [#4]
I think MX2 plans only for official non-native gui as Mark is rolling his own, but maybe that will change.
That won't stop anybody from doing a wxWidgets type port though.