jungle ide question

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/jungle ide question

Ashmoor(Posted 2016) [#1]
Is there a way to make jungle ide remember which documents I had open when I closed it last time? Like blitzmax does? Or the default monkey ide?

ratking(Posted 2016) [#2]
Tools -> Preferences -> General settings -> Restore Jungle Ide layout between IDE runs

[edit]Sorry, I meant General settings -> Reload last solution when Jungle Ide stats[/edit]

Ashmoor(Posted 2016) [#3]
I tried that but it does not work, any idea why?

ratking(Posted 2016) [#4]
No, sorry. Are you using a Jungle solution, or are you loading single files?

Ashmoor(Posted 2016) [#5]
I am not using a solution, I am loading single files. The free version of monkey-x does not close my files upon exit. :(

ratking(Posted 2016) [#6]
Yeah, seems like single files don't get re-opened, but a solution does. I think JungleIDE has its own forum, you should try to give your feedback there.

ziggy(Posted 2016) [#7]
Hello!

Using a solution is the way to work with multiple files on Jungle Ide. There's not any option to automàtically reload previously opened single files in current Jungle IDE version

Danilo(Posted 2016) [#8]
Would it be a problem to add that feature if customers request it?
Almost every Editor/IDE can do that (Ted, Mollusk, Sublime, SlickEdit, PureBasic, ...),
and listening to customers usually doesn't hurt.

Steve Ancell(Posted 2016) [#9]
It's not too hard to create a solution though Danilo, that will solve the re-open documents issue. ;-)

Steve Ancell(Posted 2016) [#10]
I do have a question of my own though ziggy... Is there a way of restoring the cursor to the line I was last at before I close a solution?. When I close a solution and then re-open it the cursor goes to the top of the file.

ratking(Posted 2016) [#11]
Often you just want to have some additional files open, without them being part of the solution, so I understand Ashmoor's wish and would also request it.

Steve Ancell(Posted 2016) [#12]
OK, when you put it that way I do see your point. ;-)

Ashmoor(Posted 2016) [#13]
Thank you for the answers.

Just like ratking sais, I often find myself having 2 or more projects open and a to do/log txt so a feature like that would be appreciated.

That being said, I really appreciate Jungle IDE, it makes coding a lot easier for me.

ziggy(Posted 2016) [#14]
I do have a question of my own though ziggy... Is there a way of restoring the cursor to the line I was last at before I close a solution?. When I close a solution and then re-open it the cursor goes to the top of the file.

It should do it! Let know which steps you follow to make it not serialize the caret position for each document of the solution

ratking(Posted 2016) [#15]
I'm pretty sad how bad the support on the Jungle IDE forum is. I posted some bugs and never got an answer. One of my main gripes is really annoying:

"B) I use Ignition in this project, and the autocompletion of Jungle very, very often insists that “iFindLine” should be the first selected when i type “if” – which means that as soon as I press space I have to remove that name by hand because it gets autocompleted. “If” should be the first one selected, always."

Wish this could get fixed. It's driving me crazy,

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#16]
because your typing "if" and not "If" I have the same issue although for me it's normally "int" which gets turned into interstitial or something when ever I forget to hold shit on the I.

Is that a bug tho ?, I know you and I are expecting it to capitalize the I's for us but then if it did and you were actually after iFindLine it would probably annoy you still, I think it might be hard for the ide to know that you want one rather than the other, simple solution is always capitalize yourself rather than letting the ide do it for you.

Samah(Posted 2016) [#17]
This is why I prefer manually triggered intellisense (Ctrl+Space, etc.), and/or requiring the developer to hit enter to insert the item.
Another option would be to set a minimum number of typed characters (3?) before intellisense is automatically triggered.

ratking(Posted 2016) [#18]
@Paul: That's probably true but actually a stupid reason, because right from the Monkey documentation: "Language keywords are case insensitive". So Jungle should accept if as much as If.

Best solution would be that the auto completion prefers all inbuilt keywords first, regardless of capitalization.

ratking(Posted 2016) [#19]
By the way, here's another bug I found in Jungle:

Jungle does not offer the method iSprite.ImagePointer() for autocompletion at all, even though only one of the overloads has the "monkeydoc off" attribute.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#20]
Yeah I like the idea of it favoring core language before third party modules, I also kinda like that I do not have to press anything for intellisense but I guess that's all just personal preference on my part.

Samah(Posted 2016) [#21]
@Taiphoz: I also kinda like that I do not have to press anything for intellisense but I guess that's all just personal preference on my part.

Much like in life, I don't like software to second guess me. If I want its assistance I'll ask for it. Having the tool available (but not automatic) is good enough for me.

ratking(Posted 2016) [#22]
I concur, an option for inserting an autocompletion suggestion manually only would be cool. (E.g. via Tab only.) That would solve my "If"/"if" problem, too.

tiresius(Posted 2016) [#23]
Maybe it should be <enter> instead of <space> to select auto-complete choices?
Or I agree, some preference to Keywords ...

Samah(Posted 2016) [#24]
@tiresius: Maybe it should be <enter> instead of <space> to select auto-complete choices?

Like in Eclipse and Xcode, which I have used for 11 and 4 years respectively. So I'm quite used to hitting enter. :)

rIKmAN(Posted 2016) [#25]
Yeah I had the same issue as ratking with the iFindLine thing, but I have now got into the habit of typing "if", then hitting ESC, then space and carrying on.

I think it's muscle memory at this point.