Console reports using MonkeyXPro79e/bin/transcc_..

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Console reports using MonkeyXPro79e/bin/transcc_..

MonkeyPlotter(Posted 2015) [#1]
I'm just starting with Monkey (again...)I've downloaded the latest update of MonkeyPro and am concerned I am getting the following output within the console at compile time:

"E:/WEB_DEV/MonkeyXPro79e/bin/transcc_winnt" -target=Html5_Game -config=Debug -update 
"E:/WEB_DEV/MonkeyXPro85e/Marksbananas/androidzombie/androidzombie.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.72
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Done.

Should I be concerned that 79e is still being referred to by the compiler or is this normal? Do I need to change a PATH var somewhere?

Also, within the 'Projects' tab on the right hand side - MonkeyXPro79e is listed. Hmmm, I just right clicked on it and closed it. I no longer have any 'projects' listed - I suspected that may have been the cause of the 79e target - apparently not - maybe I'm bothering about nothing.

dawlane(Posted 2015) [#2]
Is the IDE pointing to the old version or any links pointing to the old version? Have you added the monkey bin directory to the system path?

rIKmAN(Posted 2015) [#3]
What IDE are you using?

If it's JungleIDE you need to go into preferences and set the compiler path to the version of Monkey you want to use.

MonkeyPlotter(Posted 2015) [#4]
I'm using the default IDE that ships with Monkey, I'll check the 'latest' Monkey BIN directory has been added to the system path, nope, not added to the system PATH.... doing that now. Trying to find what variable I should be adding... is it:

variable Value
MONKEY C:\{whereever the latest BIN file is}

MonkeyPlotter(Posted 2015) [#5]
Hmmm, I'm obviously doing something wrong - when I download the latest update I'm just extracting it to the path of my choice, which is preventing the following from occurring:

THE MONKEY APPLICATION

The Monkey app appears in the main directory of your monkey installation, and is used to launch Ted, the Monkey text editor/IDE found in the monkey 'bin' directory.

When called with command line parameters, Monkey passes these parameters on to Ted.

On Windows, Monkey also updates itself in the Windows registry if it is a newer version than the version currently registered. In addition, if no registry key is found for the .monkey file extension, one is created and associated with Monkey.

On MacOS, Monkey starts a new instance of Ted if it is called with command line parameters.

MonkeyPlotter(Posted 2015) [#6]
Okay, added the MONKEY variable to my system PATH variables, its still using 79e. Tried copying the 79e project suffix folder to an 85e suffix, still reporting 79e being used.

I suppose this might be why people by the JUNGLE IDE?

There must be a way to get TED to realisethe Html5_Game target is within the 85e PATH?

MonkeyPlotter(Posted 2015) [#7]
Well, I've found that the MonkeyXPro79e is liberally throughout my main.cpp - I can only assume there is some registry variable that needs changing updating to reflect 85e in the PATH name. Any suggestions?

MonkeyPlotter(Posted 2015) [#8]
SOLVED it, finally, instead of double clicking on the .monkey program files that I'd created - I needed to double click the Monkey.exe file within the root of the latest extracted files.... it would appear the last time I did that would've been within version 79e. Oh well.....

It would appear that trying to open .monkey suffix files will just use the last monkey.exe file you used, wherever it resides.

Pharmhaus(Posted 2015) [#9]
It uses VERSIONS.TXT (monkey root directory) to report the monkey version, depending on what you are extracting / copying / ... everything might be up to date except for VERSIONS.TXT.

MonkeyPlotter(Posted 2015) [#10]
Pharmhaus, thanks but the Versions.txt was correct. I think the issue resided with the fact simply double clicking on a hellowolrd.monkey file will result in the last version of monkey.exe that was used being used by the OS to open said .Monkey file, even if it is in your latest downloaded version of Monkey hierarchy. You only need open the latest Monkey.exe once for that to be used for succesive attempts at going straight for the .Monkey files as opposed to the Monkey.exe - thanks anyway ;)

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2015) [#11]
Bingo, Monkey's portable, so there's not much else you can do. I've had Monkey in the same place for a couple of years, so I forgot this was even a thing.

MonkeyPlotter(Posted 2015) [#12]
Yeah, I've been back at Monkey for one whole day, making not bad progress now though ;)