Trans Fail for Android

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Trans Fail for Android

Tachyon(Posted 2015) [#1]
Boy, I'm not off to a good start. Hello World test program won't compile. Here's the console output. I can't find any info on this error.

"C:/Users/Thomas/Documents/MonkeyXPro85e/bin/transcc_winnt" -target=Android_Game_(Api_10) -config=Release -run "C:/Users/Thomas/Documents/MonkeyProjects/Test/test.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.86
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
TRANS FAILED: Failed to create target project data dir: C:/Users/Thomas/Documents/MonkeyProjects/Test/test.buildv85e/android_new/assets/monkey
Done.

Soap(Posted 2015) [#2]
Try moving your folder to c:/dev/projectname

Tachyon(Posted 2015) [#3]
Nope, same error with different folder:

TRANS FAILED: Failed to create target project data dir: C:/dev/test.buildv85e/android_new/assets/monkey

I didn't know if you meant for me to put the Monkey folder inside /dev as well, so I tried that too with same results.

BTW - Windows 8.1 Pro

k.o.g.(Posted 2015) [#4]
I think, he means that you don't have write access to the directory, "trans" has no permissions

Tachyon(Posted 2015) [#5]
@ k.o.g.- yes, I agree that is the problem. I just can't figure out what I am doing differently than anyone else. I've set up Monkey X and the Android requirements according to all the instructions available. I don't have my computer configured oddly; BlitzMax and Unity3D both function quite normally. I've tried setting all the permissions to full access on the folders in question. It has to be something rudimentary that I am doing incorrectly.

Tachyon(Posted 2015) [#6]
I deleted Monkey X, re-downloaded it, and configured the PATHs again, and now it works. Probably should have tried this from the start. Thanks Soap and k.o.g.

bcgreen24(Posted 2016) [#7]
I'm running Monkey X Studio as an administrator, and still get this error.