Hello Monkey world!

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Hello Monkey world!

Holt(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello everybody! First post here :)

k.o.g.(Posted 2015) [#2]
Welcome :D

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#3]
welcome, were small in size but mighty in ...... erm willingness to help ? damn ruined it never mind.

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#4]
Welcome!

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#5]
Yes, welcome from me too.

Shagwana(Posted 2015) [#6]
Greetings

Holt(Posted 2015) [#7]
Thank you all. Was all day wrapping my head around Monkey 1 and now I just read about monkey 2. Much to learn. Some impressive stuff here. I am not at the level of Playniax or Fantom yet :)

Amon(Posted 2015) [#8]
Hello, welcome to the Jungle, we've got fun and games, We got everything you want, Honey, we know the names..........

Ok enough of that... :)

Greetings.

Some impressive stuff here. I am not at the level of Playniax or Fantom yet :)

You probably are but in your own individual way.

:)

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#9]
Welcome!

Steve Ancell(Posted 2015) [#10]
OO-OO-OO!, fresh bananas. Welcome our new little ape! :D

therevills(Posted 2015) [#11]
Strict

Function Main:Int()
  Print "Hello Holt!"
  Return 0
End

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#12]
Strict

Function Main:Int()
  PrintRetroWobblyScrollingText "Hello Holt!"
  Return 0
End

Fixed it for you Therevills.

therevills(Posted 2015) [#13]
Fixed it for you Therevills.

Error : Identifier 'PrintRetroWobblyScrollingText' not found.

Fixed it for you Paul :)

(Converted the oldskool2.bmx CircleScroller text code to monkeyx)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#14]
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.... Dude we need octet's monkey html5 compiler for this site so we can just hit run and have your cool code just run right there in your post.

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2015) [#15]
@Holt: Welcome to the forums.

@Paul - Taiphoz: I actually had an idea for that. When I have the setup ironed out, I want it to just be callable from any point in a page. So, like a "jstool" target, then you just include the generated file and call it from a button or something similar. I also got an idea from your post, what if I get this up on GitHub Pages, and pass it arguments with the URL/query. Then I could have it parse through, and ignore basic HTML elements until it finds the forum-post number, and run the "codebox" from it. Just an idea. It's not really finished yet, I need to sandbox things properly, and as I said, make a new target. Technically it works with default TransCC and the default HTML5 target, just with a few fixes and function calls. So, it's really just a support layer under Mark's compiler. EDIT: I could also technically make it not include JS files on compile-time, but that's problematic.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#16]
Sounds good, there are all these html5/java/shader live coding sites all over the place where you have the text edit field on the left and the run window on the right where you can simply type compile and run , having that functionality here would be brilliant as long as it's secure, you could check iframes sandbox option not sure how restrictive it might make the compiler tho.

But yeah I can Imagine it on these forums and when ever you use a {code} tag to embed some code the html would add a run/compile button at the top of all code listings, if you clicked the run button you could make it pop out a new window to run the app in, or take over the frame the code is in and run it in there. so many options so many cool things you could do.

Keep up the good work mate.

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#17]
@therevills: Nice one!

Holt(Posted 2015) [#18]
Ha, I should check in here more often. Real life got in the way of coding. Thank you all.