Compatible with Overlap2D?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Compatible with Overlap2D?

malublu(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hey :)
Simple Questin!
http://overlap2d.com/
it is compatible?
Yes or no?
Thank you for the simpel answer!

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#2]
Monkey has no building functionality for anything. It is up to you or a third party solution to support external tools.

malublu(Posted 2015) [#3]
Oh okay. Thank you.

Danilo(Posted 2015) [#4]
Ask Playniax (developers of IgnitionX and Pyro). They are the guys that may make such integrations actually happen.

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#5]
Or one of the other frameworks. There is a lot of talent here in the forum. Someone might help without the need to pay for something.

malublu(Posted 2015) [#6]
Hmmm I love monkey.
The community is nice.
Or one of the other frameworks

I don't require it, i ask, because i begin with libgdx and i used overlap.
So i recreate the scenes (only the gui) with monkey.
My tiles maps can be loaded in monkey, if i see right.
I am still consider whether I change the system.
After it i would buy monkey x studio.

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#7]
Actually it was on my radar for sometime and I even contacted the Diddy guys to see if we could work together on this but it's a big job and evenutally it never materialized. I know the Diddy guys were interested in doing it but I have no idea if they started it. I was looking at overlap2d as a temporary solution until our own editor is ready. A workable version of our own editor should be available at the end of this year, beginning of next year.

Mockup:

malublu(Posted 2015) [#8]
wow this is awesome :).
I would buy it.
Is there an beta testing group?

Samah(Posted 2015) [#9]
@Playniax: I know the Diddy guys were interested in doing it but I have no idea if they started it.

Kinda... I have a "secret" project I'm working on which could probably include an overlap2d module. It's not currently at a stage where I'd like to release it though. I might think about giving access to a private repository to a select group of devs.

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#10]
Is there an beta testing group?

Not yet but that might be a good idea later on.
I am currently focussing on the GUI stuff and I am writing all GUI stuff myself so that is quite an undertaking, although a lot of stuff is working already but to early to release anything. This editor will export a very simple format you can use with Pyro, Ignition X or even write your own loader for your own framework or whatever.

rIKmAN(Posted 2015) [#11]
I'd be up for helping test anything that needed me to try and break it! :)

That editor looks great Playniax - looking forward to xmas/new year now :)

Samah(Posted 2015) [#12]
@Danilo: They are the guys that may make such integrations actually happen.

What about Diddy and fantomEngine! :(
@MikeHart: Or one of the other frameworks.

Indeed.