How do I get to Firefox instead of Google Chrome?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/How do I get to Firefox instead of Google Chrome?

Hotshot(Posted 2015) [#1]
I have Jundle IDE and when the program run as it always go to Google Chrome and I want go to Firefox Not google chrome....

Is there setting somewhere I can tell the Jungle IDE that I want go on Firefox?

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#2]
It probably uses whatever is set as your default handler for .html ?

Hotshot(Posted 2015) [#3]
Where would I find that please?

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#4]
In your browser settings.

dawlane(Posted 2015) [#5]
Or in the OS default settings. Just type default in the Star Menu search.
Edit: A simple web search would have given you a plethora of answers. And would have saved you two weeks as you have asked this same question over in the Monkey section on the Blitz Basic site.

Set Your Default Web Browser in Windows Vista/Windows 7
Make Chrome your default browser
Make Firefox your default browser

This isn't a Monkey X or a Jungle IDE issue and should have been posted in the General Discussion section.

How MonkeyX works to open a browser for HTML5
The IDE runs transcc to compile the code and then runs mserver which starts a shell that in turn calls the default program that is associated with a mime type. i.e html will open the default web browser.

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#6]
But it would be very nice and not too complicate to be able to pass a desired browser location to transc in the form of a command line parameter.

dawlane(Posted 2015) [#7]
Here's a lovely little conundrum.
Opening a MonkeyX HTML as a standard file in Google Chrome generates an error.
Monkey Runtime Error : NetworkError: Failed to execute 'send' on 'XMLHttpRequest': Failed to load
file:///D:/Applications/Compilers/MonkeyX/MonkeyXPro84e/bananas/mak/audiotest/audiotest.buildv84e/html5/data/shoot.wav'.

Works OK when Chrome is started by mserver.

Other browsers are not affected.

Hotshot(Posted 2015) [#8]
I have notice the Google chrome was in Windows 8 mode and I had return to back to desktop which is much better but I have installed chrome and now used Firefox :)

Monkey x run well on firefox :-)

Thanks everyone for help :-)

julesd(Posted 2015) [#9]
Read the help files on targeting Html5, it tells you how you can set what browser you want, in the config file.