Andriod Phone wont connect in debug mode

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Andriod Phone wont connect in debug mode

Boulderdash(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi, I have been unable to get my phone to connect in debug mode (it always connects as a media device) so I can us it with monkey compiler, please help.

Computer: Asus transformer flip
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Ace Style SM-G310HN
Android version: 4.4.2

I have been to developer options and ticked "Debug mode when USB is connected" etc on phone.

Monkey compiler has Config. file setup correctly but of course because phone is not in debug mode it cannot find target path,

Believe me I have tried for ages to try and find a driver and I am not just simply asking for help without trying for a few hours, I just hope someone has experience with installing Samsung USB drivers correctly and can guide me in the write direction and possibly a link to the correct driver etc. My older phone didn't have to much issue getting it working.

(No problems building for all other targets)

I have previously installed monkey and tested builds on my old phone and laptop, this is a new setup and it has been a long time.

Naturally I have carefully setup the config file and installed the Andriod SDK and all correct addition resources, the problem is simply the phone wont connect in debug mode.

Thanks.

Pharmhaus(Posted 2015) [#2]

Believe me I have tried for ages to try and find a driver and I am not just simply asking for help without trying for a few hours, I just hope someone has experience with installing Samsung USB drivers correctly and can guide me in the write direction and possibly a link to the correct driver etc. My older phone didn't have to much issue getting it working.

Not sure if your driver is included in this *bundle* but you could give it a try. *Here* is the official installation guide by google. Hope this helps.

Boulderdash(Posted 2015) [#3]
Tried installing from that link already, I might need a different phone, when I plug a more expensive Samsung it does go into debug mode.

The strange thing though is that there is a USB debug mode option but it does nothing ? I guess because of a PC incompatibility with the Samsung phone ?

Also note when I try your second link there is no drivers for my model of phone.

Developer options are not discussed in the user manual.

therevills(Posted 2015) [#4]
How is your phone connected to the PC? Is it via MTP or PTP? I have found that my devices will only connected as debug thru PTP.

Boulderdash(Posted 2015) [#5]
I tried changing it to PTP, no difference other than a camera icon and it says its a camera instead of a phone.

BUILD FAILED.
C:\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:538: Unable to resolve project target 'android-13'

Total time: 2 seconds
TRANS FAILED: Android build failed.
Done.

tiresius(Posted 2015) [#6]
I'm no android expert (and struggling with getting apk onto a new debug phone myself) but that BUILD FAILED message sounds like you are not even getting out of the gate, let alone trying to send the apk to the phone. Did you install the proper android API versions installed? Do the Android phone emulators work for you?

Ole JR(Posted 2015) [#7]
BUILD FAILED.
C:\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:538: Unable to resolve project target 'android-13'

Other posts around here suggest missing Android 3.2 (API 13)..

Post #7 and on
And another one

If your SDK Manager is of the newer kind you might have to tick obsolete to see the entry for Android 3.2 (API 13)..

Boulderdash(Posted 2015) [#8]
Thanks Ole JR for the specific answer, I will try your advice and give it another go.