Lite RPG

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Lite RPG

Rell(Posted 2015) [#1]
Looking to do some lite rpg nothing big just want someone in monkey to show a example like atk, def, speed, intelligence, level up and AI, item etc.. I should be able to do the rest I hope

Soap(Posted 2015) [#2]
Look up RPG attack / defense / leveling formulas on Google and try to adapt to Monkey code. Kind of AI depends on kind of game you want to make. You want to make a turn based RPG?

Pakz(Posted 2015) [#3]
I am Hoping to do more rpg code that I Will put on my blog. I always keep the thread from me in the tutorials section on this forum up to date with the links to the examples. But i have no idea when i am going to do more rpg things yet. Maybe you wil be able to learn something for rpg's with my examples.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2015) [#4]
Roguelikes are a good source of example code and algorithms for mapmaking, AI etc. And Roguebasin has a good deal of links to various resources. (The typical modern roguelike is basically similar to an RPG but with procedural generation of random levels instead of pre-designed levels and a storyline.)

Rell(Posted 2015) [#5]
Thanks for the energy!!! (help; perfect cell voice) lol

Xaron(Posted 2015) [#6]
I once started a rogue like game with dungeon creation and monster spawn. I think I should finish it:

tiresius(Posted 2015) [#7]
I wrote a Small Roguelike years ago you can check it out. Link to google code project for source.
I don't know if it will compile under the latest Monkey version as it is. I have been tweaking it for the past year on my own for potential app store usage.

Pakz(Posted 2015) [#8]
Most of the rpg's I play are to difficult for me. I never get far. There are som though that have features where you can heal by sleep or potions that you can exploit to get further in a game.

I am looking with google for making more rpg game parts. Might get some things done soon.