Upgrade to new version

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Upgrade to new version

cgrossi(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello.

I've downloaded the MonkeyX's free version 77a, and I'd like to upgrade it to the newest version. How do I do that?

Thanks.

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#2]
By the Pro version or download the current GitHub content and build things yourself.

cgrossi(Posted 2015) [#3]
Hi, MikeHart.

I'd like to try it first.

I download the current version from GitHub. And then I compile the transcc.monkey file with the 77a version. What should I do now? If I copy the TRANSCC_WINNT.EXE file and the modules to the previous version, I can't compile anything else...

Thanks.

dawlane(Posted 2015) [#4]
What should I do now? If I copy the TRANSCC_WINNT.EXE file and the modules to the previous version, I can't compile anything else...
As I said in the other thread DO NOT COPY ANY THING INTO THE PREVIOUS VERSION. IT WILL NOT WORK. Copy the Windows exe ( apart from transcc_winnt.exe as you must use the newly built version in monkey-develop\src\trans ) files and dll files from the previous version over to the the GitHub monkey-develop\bin directory. Remember you will need a working C++ compiler, so either copy the MinGW\TDM-32 directory one from the previous version to monkey-develop, or download and install an up to date version. You will have to edit the config.winnt.txt in the monkey-develop\bin directory and update the path to where MinGW\TDM-32 is located. You can then build the other tools in the monkey-develop\src directory to replace the ones that you copied over.

cgrossi(Posted 2015) [#5]
dawlane, I'm not getting it to work properly... :-( don't you have this free version updated to pass me??? please??

Thanks.

dawlane(Posted 2015) [#6]
What happens when you run the new transcc_winnt directly from the command line.
Open a command terminal and change directory to the new transcc_winnt location and use the line below to try and build on of the examples.
transcc_winnt -run -config=release -target="Desktop_Game_(Glfw3)" ..\bananas\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.monkey

Copy and paste the output.

I have sent a message to support about getting the Free version updated.

cgrossi(Posted 2015) [#7]
Hi, dawlane.

When I run the code you pass me, with the new transcc file, it worked fine. Then I tried with my "teste.monkey" file, and it didn't work.

Did you send? Thanks a lot!

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#8]
cgrossi, some people have asked you here and in the other topic about some informations to post here. You never do. Simple writing "it dones't work" will not help.

cgrossi(Posted 2015) [#9]
didn't understand your post, MikeHart. what have I not answered?? if I said it's not working, it's because I tried what was proposed and didn't work. sorry, but english ain't my mother language and some time I get lost...

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#10]
You say it is not working but you don't post, WHAT is not working aka what the error is. As Dawlane posted, please post the output from the build process.

As you seem to have the newest modules, try this code:

If that works and your own code not, then there is an error in your code.

cgrossi(Posted 2015) [#11]
Hi, MikeHart. I tried to run your code and that's the error I got:

"C:/Cristiano/Pessoal/MonkeyX83/bin/transcc_winnt" -target=C++_Tool -config=Release -run "C:/Cristiano/Pessoal/Monkey/teste2.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.84
Parsing...
C:/Cristiano/Pessoal/MonkeyX83/modules/mojo/driver.monkey<9> : Error : Native Game class not implemented
Done.

This can't be that tough.

Thanks.

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#12]
So you have selected the C++ Tool target. This target is not for games, but only for command line tools. Use the GLFW target to create a desktop app.

cgrossi(Posted 2015) [#13]
MikeHart!!! Thank you SO MUCH!

Your code worked and my code too!!! Problem solved!!!

Thank you a lot!!!! :-)

Best regards!

StoneFaceEXE(Posted 2015) [#14]
Wait, since you are on this forum, that means you bought the pro version, right?

cgrossi(Posted 2015) [#15]
Nope. You can to sign in with the free version.