New.. wondering how to start a...

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/New.. wondering how to start a...

Daz(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi there... I`ve been a graphics dev with an soccer app for a while. Not been actively in the app dev cycle really ( just submit my graphics and it`s built by others )

I want to create an app that allows me to input data ( so that it`s stored and retrievable )
So I`m not really wanting to create a game per say.. but an app that allows me to input data ( numbers ) I see lots of help regarding 2d this and graphics that... but no help in the boring stuff...

can anyone help or point me in the direction.
I have the Monkey Game dev pdf but thats not really want I`m wanting right now..

thanks in advance.

Pharmhaus(Posted 2015) [#2]
Hello,

What your next steps would look like mostly depends upon your target platform (pc, ..) and who the user is going to be.
If you are just doing something for yourself then *This* should probably help you.
Do you already have some experience or are you all new to programming also, would you mind posting a sketch of what you actually want to accomplish?

Daz(Posted 2015) [#3]
sure
This is kinda what I have in mind..
Hope it translates :)

well.. target platforms would be mobile so Android and iOS.

Duke87(Posted 2015) [#4]
I can't see anything.
Do you have any experiance in programming? Do you know how a monkey-app has to be build like?
Do you like to send data via Internet? or just store data local on Phone?

Daz(Posted 2015) [#5]
Hmmm it was there uptill last night :(

I can write bash scripts :)
I want the data to be held on the phone, but maybe pull some news in from the internet ( rss )
I`ll re-upload the image tonight.

Daz(Posted 2015) [#6]
Let me try again.

Daz(Posted 2015) [#7]
That works

Pharmhaus(Posted 2015) [#8]
OK, I'll see what I can do for you but it will probably take a day or two, don't have much free time at the moment.

Daz(Posted 2015) [#9]
Thank you Pharmhaus :) very much obliged on whatever you can help me with.,.

Duke87(Posted 2015) [#10]
Do you mean something like this: Click here!.

I just had 20 Minutes over to include what i think you mean to my Framework.
Next step would be to work on visual Style :D. At the moment i have 4 different (very simple) Button/Tab Styles. When i'll have another hour over, i'll add animation effects to the Tabs.

By the Way, do you want to store data locally on Device?
Maybe I'll have a little time to work on later today, so i can include a Input-Textbox + kinda FileSystem-Database for you.

edit: a i see, storing on phone + recieve rss ... storing on Phone i know how to, but retreive data from Inet i have no idea.

Edit2:
added a little WaveSlide Animation for Left-Tabs , TextInput Field (<< need to update to a multiline input)

Bye Duke

Duke87(Posted 2015) [#11]
I found:
http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=1366&page=2

I'll work on it next week and have a look at this.