Microphone input possible?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Microphone input possible?

merich(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi,
This is my first post here, and thank you for creating an easy to use software. Before I start commiting to this software, I would like to know:

- can I record auido and play it back? (for all platforms)
- is it possible to use a free speech library such as cmuspinx?
- if the answer is no, assuming I write the functions in native code, how easy is it to add it to the final product?

first is more important than the second, it would be used for a pronunciation program.Thank you.

Meric

SLotman(Posted 2015) [#2]
can I record auido and play it back? (for all platforms)

No, not "right out of the box". Possible to do? Of course, but you would have to modify the targets manually for every platform.

is it possible to use a free speech library such as cmuspinx?

Monkey is just a "translator" - so if you can use that library on a language supported by Monkey, nothing stops you from interfacing with anything else. Might become a little complicated to do it (specially if the code needs/uses callbacks), but not impossible.

Since "free" Monkey comes with Desktop - you can test that yourself without purchasing anything.

therevills(Posted 2015) [#3]
We managed to add microphone support to the Android target a few years ago:

http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=1641&post=15258&view=all#15258

This may point you in the right direction.

merich(Posted 2015) [#4]
thank you for the quick answers. my main targets are web (html), ios and android. So we can put a check next to android, and that's great to hear.
I am a newbie.
@therevills:
how would I (or can I) invoke a record function in monkey code? or if I need to, where do I "modify the target manually" and, say, add that java code. well, I won't be able to do it for android anyways with the free version, but I just need to understand how things work.
I don't need you to write me all the answers, but maybe point me in the right direction. thanks.

merich(Posted 2015) [#5]
oops, just saw the rest of that topic. ignore my last question. thx