Complete game tutorial

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Complete game tutorial

SpriteAttack(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi guys, I am writing a set of tutorials on my blog '[url]http://2dgameartforprogrammers.blogspot.com/[/url]' about the complete process of making the art for a game - from the first idea to setting down the design, to the final promo images and the icon design for the market places.

It started out as a pure art tutorial but now I have coders wanting to go along and do the tutorials for coding the game. So far I am working with a Godot, libGDX, Ox and Gamesalad coder to show the game taking shape on the code side as well.
I was wondeirng if there would be some interest to show how to create a 'super crate boy' style game in MonkeyX or in other words 'Anyone crazy enough to work on a tutorial with me?'

Duke87(Posted 2015) [#2]
You mean a tutorial for coding such games in Monkey-X? Well when the monkey Jam is finished i'd have some time to think of it. I've written already a 50 or 60 page long tutorial (generally using monkey) but it's in german.
Always when i've time i add some tiny little paragraphs. My aim is to show the whole work from installing monkey up to designing and coding a whole game from scratch.

Duke87(Posted 2015) [#3]
By the way your graphics looking very good.

SpriteAttack(Posted 2015) [#4]
Thanks, Duke [Herzlichen Dank und viel Erfolg beim monkey Jam]

skape(Posted 2015) [#5]
Your art and the information on your blog look wonderful! :)

SpriteAttack(Posted 2015) [#6]
@Unlikely - thanks... I try to use some of the experience I gain to help others make games.

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#7]
Hi SpriteAttack, I would love to work with you on a tutorial. I wrote "Monkey Game Development - Beginners Guide". And I hope that qualifies me for such a task :-)
In the past I have followed your blog constantly and love what you do. So if you have interest in a collaboration, please contact me under

monkey@...

I speak fluently german too ;-)

Duke87(Posted 2015) [#8]
Hey SpriteAttack,
Would you like to provide some Graphics for me for my Contest-Game.
Click here!
As I want to public it OpenSource within the next 2 Months, when it's finished, We could write a Tut on it too.

If you're interested write me: s.duckerschein@...

SpriteAttack(Posted 2015) [#9]
@Duke... sorry... I can't take on new projects at the moment.

Why0Why(Posted 2015) [#10]
Mike is perfect for this on multiple levels. Thanks for asking here. And as the others said, the art is amazing!

dubbsta(Posted 2015) [#11]
this is great, just wanna say thanks for the idea and efforts. the community could benefit from this! good luck!