How to install Monkey X Pro ? Step by step please.

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/How to install Monkey X Pro ? Step by step please.

dominique95(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello from France,
I have installed the demo version MonkeyX 77a.
It works, and i can compile for Html and desktop targets.
Now i want to install the version MonkeyX pro 81b + ignition.
As it's a zipped, do i have to overwrite the previous version ? Or uninstall the demo ?
In fact i created an new folder with the pro version and copied the mingw folder in it.

Also i have downloaded and installed Android, ANT and JDK, set the path in the config.winnt file and run android SDK Manager.
For Android Target i have this message :
BUILD FAILED
E:\prog\AndroidSDK\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:542: Unable to resolve project target 'android-19'

Could someone explain how to install properly MonkeyX for beginners ?
Including ANT JDK. on Windows 7

skape(Posted 2015) [#2]
Have you tried just unzipping it somewhere (should work without overwriting or removing the previous version)? If you have installed any modules in your old version, you can simply copy them over to the new folder. The "modules_ext" folder is designed, I believe, to contain any additional modules you acquire, so you can just move them version-to-version, ignoring the default modules that come with the standard MonkeyX Pro package, letting them update with the Monkey releases.

You can try this tool: http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=8519&page=1 to install the software / SDKs needed for the targets. It should simplify the process a lot. It seemed to work for the Mac last time I tried it, but I don't think I've tried it for Windows!

dominique95(Posted 2015) [#3]
Thanks for your reply,
I will try your copy method . In case of success, i'll write a guide
And if it doesn't work, i will download jungleide demo.

dawlane(Posted 2015) [#4]
I did write a number of guides in pdf on how to install MonkeyX on Windows. They maybe out of date and not complete for use with Windows 8 or Visual Studio set up, but should still be relevant for windows 7. You can get them here.
Note: If you use these guides, then you do so at your own risk. I will not be held responsible for any damages.

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#5]
For Android, you need to install API level 19, that's what your message means

SLotman(Posted 2015) [#6]
Exactly - you need to get the most up-to-date android SDK. Just open Android SDK Manager, and install the sdk build tools with higher number you can find :)