OSX builds for 10.10 when I'm at 10.9

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/OSX builds for 10.10 when I'm at 10.9

CurryKitten(Posted 2015) [#1]
Well, that was a very quick failure, where my quick hello world test ended in failure :) I can see what the issue is, but I'm not sure where or how to fix it.

My Mac is running 10.9.4, but when I click build/run, amongst all the build gubbins in the console I can see the line

export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.10

So it's not like Monkey is getting this, it's setting it itself. Xcode is on and has both the 10.9 and 10.10 SDKs (as well as a bunch of iOS stuff). I can't see anywhere where I can change this default behaviour - can anyone help

skid(Posted 2015) [#2]
Two options:

1. keep it simple and upgrade to yosemite like every body else because it's free and no longer bleeding edge...

2. load the xcode project in the monky target glfw template folder, change the deployment target setting, then save and quit

then delete your apps .build folder and off you go...

CurryKitten(Posted 2015) [#3]
Thanks - using the xcode project to switch the target setting worked fine. It does seem really odd that Monkey wants to default to 10.10, when if you start an Objective-C project it stays at 10.9... but ho hum.

I find myself not wanting to move to Yosemite unless I have an overwhelming reason to do so, I felt burned enough moving to Mavericks without continuing down that path

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#4]
Currykitten, how old is your Mac? I don't want to upgrade either. Mine is a 2008 imac running 10.8.5

CurryKitten(Posted 2015) [#5]
Up until halfway through last year, I had a 2008 or 2009 cor duo Mac. i ran wonderfully on Snow Leopard, but I was eventually forced into an update for some software and noticed Mountain Lion (which is 10.8 isn't it) was a bit laggy in comparison. So I went to Mavericks on the promise of thinking that proper native 64 bit support would get things running faster. To be fair it was not bad on speed, but I then hit a bunch of s/w incompatabilities, and the reworking of Quicktime so none of the existing plugin support would work was extremely annoying.

The iMac blew it's graphics card, so I've got a new beefier iMac now so wouldn't have an issue with Yosem in theory, but there's also nothing there that's pressing me to upgrade. I dislike the way every release seems slightly dumbed down like they are wanting to turn OSX into iOS.

BTW, I found a quicker and easier way to fix this issue for me was to go and load the default template xcode project into xcode and change that so it uses 10.9 for me. This means that any future builds/projects I make use this template and I don't have to fiddle with each individual build.