Wrong ld used on GNU/Linux

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Wrong ld used on GNU/Linux

dubst3pp4(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hello,

I've just installed Monkey-X and tried to compile a sample project that was shipped with Monkey.

But when I try to build the project, I get the following error:

"/home/marc/bin/MonkeyX77a/bin/transcc_linux" -target=Desktop_Game -config=Debug "/home/marc/bin/MonkeyX77a/bananas/charlie/blobmonster/blobmonster.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.62
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
g++ -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../glfw/include -I../glfw/lib -I../glfw/lib/x11 -I../openal/include -I../stb -D_GLFW_HAS_GLXGETPROCADDRESS -D_GLFW_USE_LINUX_JOYSTICKS -pthread -c -o ../main.o ../main.cpp
g++ -o Debug/MonkeyGame ../glfw/lib/enable.o ../glfw/lib/fullscreen.o ../glfw/lib/glext.o ../glfw/lib/image.o ../glfw/lib/init.o ../glfw/lib/input.o ../glfw/lib/joystick.o ../glfw/lib/stream.o ../glfw/lib/tga.o ../glfw/lib/thread.o ../glfw/lib/time.o ../glfw/lib/window.o ../glfw/lib/x11/x11_enable.o ../glfw/lib/x11/x11_fullscreen.o ../glfw/lib/x11/x11_glext.o ../glfw/lib/x11/x11_init.o ../glfw/lib/x11/x11_joystick.o ../glfw/lib/x11/x11_thread.o ../glfw/lib/x11/x11_time.o ../glfw/lib/x11/x11_window.o ../glfw/lib/x11/x11_keysym2unicode.o ../stb/stb_image.o ../stb/stb_vorbis.o ../main.o -lGL -lopenal -lX11 -lpthread
/usr/local/gnatgpl_2014/bin/../libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.7.4/ld: cannot find -lopenal
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Debug/MonkeyGame] Fehler 1
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'make CCOPTS="-Wno-free-nonheap-object" OUT="Debug/MonkeyGame"', return code=512
Done.

It seems that Monkey uses the wrong ld-binary (the one which was shipped with GNAT but which is not the system default). My system ld is in /usr/bin/ld.

How can I tell Monkey the use the system ld?

Thanks for any hints,
Marc

dubst3pp4(Posted 2014) [#2]
Sorry, I was wrong and fixed it!
It has nothing todo with GNAT (GNAT is just in the LD path). The development packages of libopenal were not installed. After installing it build fine!

Marc

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#3]
You will find Linux related installation stuff here.