auto-fit auto-scale automatic resizers..

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/auto-fit auto-scale automatic resizers..

matchem(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi

I'm looking for advises in the choice of an automated resizer in order to get my apps run on several screen size. I can see there is different ones! and it would be great for me not to loose time with testing those.
Basicaly i rather like one that run smooth and fast than one with easy syntax!

thx

Mat

rIKmAN(Posted 2014) [#2]
autofit by drugged bunny

Amon(Posted 2014) [#3]
Yep! AutoFit reigns bunny supreme!

Nobuyuki(Posted 2014) [#4]
jeez guys, what am I, chopped liver?

If you use AutoScale you get better letterboxing features. Just saying!

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2014) [#5]
I had no idea you made your own scaling module, Nobuyuki. I'll check it out myself when I get the time, but I'd likely use it as a reference.

Not trying to annoy anyone with advertising, but I actually pretty heavily refactored the old 'autofit' module. Now it supports sub-displays, and even sub-displays within sub-displays are possible (Which is useful for my camera code; split screen and the like). I'm using my version of the module for some projects of mine, but if it interests any of you, take a look.

There's still one thing I need to add to it though, and that's 'OnResize' support.

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#6]
@Nobuyuki - I use your excellent autoscale, I love you if no one else does.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2014) [#7]
As a self-appointed expert on the matter, I really have to say that Autofit is the one true way, and anyone who uses anything else is an infidel.

Although, in fairness AutoScale looks pretty cool and ImmutableOctet's code looks... well, a lot nicer than Autofit, frankly... but apart from that... infidels!!!

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2014) [#8]
Well, my code basically is 'autofit', with support for some matrix operations, a nice framework for sub-displays, and a lot cleaner. It's not really all that much different. Anything that works with your version of 'autofit' should work with my code.

Speaking of which, was there a specific license you released it under? Because it just says "[Public domain code]". Or should I just use Monkey's license as a reference?

DruggedBunny(Posted 2014) [#9]
Just take your pick for your version -- I consider it PD, but I realise that isn't legally possible everywhere, so just use whatever you prefer. Ideally zlib, BSD or similar, but if you wanted to close your own modified version, put it under GPL or whatever, it's all fine with me. (That applies to anyone using any code I release as "Public Domain".)