Memory Access violation on Linux Mint 16 64 bit

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Memory Access violation on Linux Mint 16 64 bit

Cybermonkey342(Posted 2014) [#1]
Okay, I followed the tutorial here (http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=7600&post=90395) to set up Monkey on Linux Mint. Now I tried to compile one of the bananas from ferdi/breakout/ It builds without problems as HTML5 target, it also builds on my other PC running a 32 bit Xubuntu 14.04. But after compiling and executing it on my 64 bit Mint install I got a Memory Access Violation error.
Trying to compile as a debug version gives the following:
../stb/stb_image.o ../stb/stb_vorbis.o ../main.o -lGL -lopenal -lX11 -lpthread
*** stack smashing detected ***: ./MonkeyGame terminated
Aborted
TRANS FAILED: Error executing './MonkeyGame', return code=34304
Done.

Any idea if this is an error which occurs on 64 bit Linux?

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#2]
Which version of Monkey-X? You should be now using either Mint 13 or Mint 17
*** stack smashing detected ***
This sort of error is usually the result of writing to the location pointed to by an uninitialised pointer or writing off the end of an array (buffer overrun).
If by chance you have /home on a separate partition and Monkey-X is installed try deleting the .build directory and try again.

Cybermonkey342(Posted 2014) [#3]
It's Linux Mint 16 Petra 64 bit. Monkey-X is version 77a.
I deleted the breakout.build directory and compiled again but still the same error occurs.

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#4]
You should be now using either Mint 13 or Mint 17. Mint 16 Petra should be now be at the end of is support life.
You should also download and try one of the following versions of Monkey-X; 77f, 78h or 79e.

Cybermonkey342(Posted 2014) [#5]
Yes, next weekend I want to install Mint 17.
But where to find the other Monkey-X versions? On the download site I can only download 77a (which is described as "latest"). I am using the free version BTW.

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#6]
You can get what should be the cutting edge version from git hub. Note that this is source code only. You can email Mark and ask if there will be an update for the pre-compiled Free version.

programmer(Posted 2014) [#7]
@Cybermonkey342
What's your email? I can send you v79e and v80b (beta) without commercial mojo modules, i.e. demo versions.

Also I just tried ferdi/breakout on Linux Mint 17. It runs flawlessly.

Cybermonkey342(Posted 2014) [#8]
Okay thanks. I think for compiling the source I'd Need BlitzMax which I don't have.
My email is cybermonkey@...
Thanks in advance.

programmer(Posted 2014) [#9]
Done!

Cybermonkey342(Posted 2014) [#10]
Compiling with Monkey 79e and executing the example works now fine. I'll try 80b soon. Thanks again.