Guide HOWTO use other texteditor with Monkey X

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Guide HOWTO use other texteditor with Monkey X

MOBii(Posted 2014) [#1]
Is there any information how I can setup/start build/compile from my main texteditor?

Jungle IDE can't open .php files at the moment
I like Monkey X autocompletion of commands in Jungle IDE

Raph(Posted 2014) [#2]
It depends on what text editor you use. Several folks have gotten various editors going, but it all depends on what your editor supports in terms of plugins, etc.

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#3]
Jungle Ide can open any file extension. You need to associate the file extension with the desired parser on preferences. As instance, you could go to Tools / Preferences / TXT parser, and then register php as a file extension for the txt parser. This way, Jungle Ide will know how you want to load php files.

Some people creates their own data file extensions, a .level file could be a XML document, or a INI file, etc. so we diesigned it in a way that you can register any desired extension with any of the available text parsers in Jungle Ide. Including php documents.

StoneFaceEXE(Posted 2014) [#4]
What about Notepad++ ? I figured out how to deal with file extensions and stuff but how do I build with npp?

MOBii(Posted 2014) [#5]
Ja I get little more hang on the Jungle IDE now.
The Basic Jungle IDE documentation answer some of my question in life.

When I am this new to Monkey X the autocompletion is a great help and the Jungle IDE seem to be the only one with that function