local network gaming capability ?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/local network gaming capability ?

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#1]
Is there any support for Bluetooth networking for say playing a simple network tic tac toe game between a couple of devices in the same household? or Wifi ?

Thanks,

Sub_Zero(Posted 2014) [#2]
For wifi, you could use the built in socket functions, or for android, the ANet module :)

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#3]
Reaper pointed out this link and it worked great. . Got this to work between laptop, android tablet, android phone and W8.1 phone .... :)

link to post (click here)

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#4]
Ok.... got the WiFi code in link above to work so now comes the big question

How to merge the WiFi code with the Jim's simple game tutorial example.

Don't want to have someone write the code ..

Just get some idea's on what is needed / how to approach the merge of them and not make it a total mess.

Thanks
Rod

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#5]
This would have been a great future project for Jim's tutorial series -- bummer he has moved on but wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Perhaps some 'Kind' hearted MonkeyX coder that has some free time could take it on .

Hopefully with a little direction on how to approach this I might be able to muddle my way through it.

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#6]
well guess I will respond -- researching some info on UDP game networking so hopefully can figure this stuff out :)

Xyle(Posted 2014) [#7]
NavyRod,

Please keep talking to yourself, it will definitely help me out once I get through my current project. I am obsessed with multiplayer games and more than likely will venture into this area once I am finished. So any inner ramblings you may have will be greatly appreciated at a later date!

:)

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#8]
:) -- Have been looking into it and Reaper others have been a good help so far.

Still working on personalizing Jim's simple game tutorial for my grand kids , And I intend hopefully get some networking with it .

Also check Reapers post -- seems like he has made better progress than I have with the network stuff

Xyle(Posted 2014) [#9]
Will do, as soon as I get done with my latest project!

I already have a perfect game on the back burner that I can apply some networking to. It will be a blast!

Thanks!

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#10]
awesome -- that would be great