Windows 8.1 and Android translations -- :)

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Windows 8.1 and Android translations -- :)

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#1]
First as a very very new newbie I would like to Say THANK YOU very much to Mark for a great product and those (think sub zero and others that I might be missing) for creating the auto compilation tools ... Got some Android and windows 8.1 working

Would not have been able to setup the tools on my own with out a lot of frustration I am sure.

There are still some quirks and pretty much cluelessness on my part on getting things to
always work

But I am excited on what I have seen able to be translated to the different devices.

One question I have is what I need to change when I change projects I am trying to deploy so they don't all get deployed as the MonkeyGame ( not that there is anything wrong with that .. Monkey is awesome

For example I got the radians sample to convert to Windows 8.1 and the tile it creates is Monkey Game to reference it.

Now if I try to change to the Match sample it still gets created as MonkeyGame

I hate being such a clueless newb but hope there is some patience out there in
dealing with my inexperience with the ins and outs of all of this.

Thanks
Rod

CopperCircle(Posted 2014) [#2]
Hi, you need to change the app details by opening the project that Monkey creates, so on Windows 8.1 open the solution in Visual Studio and then open the AppManifest.xml file from the project. You can then rename the app and add icons etc (remember the Product ID is always the same so any app you compile will overwrite the previous one, you get a new Product ID when you create the app on your Windows Developer Account)... Is the same with Andriod and iOS, you just rename the project in xcode or eclipse and add your meta data.

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks -- appreciate info

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#4]
Sweet have been able to successfully translate the comet crusher examples in Mikes Monkey Game Devlelopment Beginers guide in to Windows 8.1 using Visual Studio Express 2013 , Able to get it working on an Android phone and tablet and Also have it run in HTML5 and Flash

kinda like a 60 year old in a candy store reliving what it was like being 5. :) Thanks again Mark for the great tool and everyone for the support
and info you have given me so far.

Rod