how to change target on game once built

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/how to change target on game once built

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#1]
I know, I know as a newbie I typically jump the gun and should read the documentation

When I have downloaded some example programs and the build was a html build , I tired to change the build target to desktop game in the drop down and it only has the html target .

Is there a way to change the target to compile this now to a desktop game now ?

Thanks

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#2]
Have you installed a c/c++ compiler? If it's MinGW then the path in the config.winnt.txt in the monkey bin directory needs to be set yp and monkey restarted. If you have the demo then MinGW should be setup already.

navyRod(Posted 2014) [#3]
Yes -- Was not able to get Visual Studio 2013 working just yet correctly and was give good advice to get MinGW.

When I create a simple example for my self and I create the directories and files then all t he targets show up in the drop down.

But when I downloaded the simple game tutorial from Jim's video tutorial ( which was great ) , When I open the main monkey file in it the target drop down box only lists html and not the others .

Think I figured it out though... made copy of whole directory and deleted build folder and that worked.

Thanks,