diddy, DiddyApp not found

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/diddy, DiddyApp not found

Asmodean(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi,

I got this Error on every example in diddy: Type DiddyAdd not Found. I installed Diddy exactly like described and I use the newest Monkey Version (77f). What I'm doing wrong?

therevills(Posted 2014) [#2]
Type DiddyAdd not Found

DiddyAdd? or DiddyApp?

I use the newest Monkey Version (77f)

Newest is 78g, but it shouldnt matter.

Can you show us the code you are trying to run and your Monkey folder structure?

Asmodean(Posted 2014) [#3]
Sorry I mean DiddyApp that was a typo.
I tried nearly every example in the example-folder that comes with diddy and I didn't altered any of the code. I only loaded it end tried to build it.
If the Class extended DiddyApp I got the Type DiddyApp not found Error. In the example testFileSystem where the Class extends only App, I got Type App not found. If I import mojo too I got FileSystem not found.

My monkey folder structure look like that:

The folder of MonkeyxPro and diddy are not altered. I only unziped them.
Other imports from the folder module like fantomEngine working fine.

Thanks for your help!

therevills(Posted 2014) [#4]
Can you tell me whats in the diddy folder located at: Z:\Documents\Monkey\MonkeyXPro77f\modules\diddy?

Asmodean(Posted 2014) [#5]
In the diddy folder are the folders:
data
examples
src
utils
and the files:
.hgignore
diddy.png
didy128.png
LICENSE.txt
smalldiddy.png

The diddy folder self is 7,52MB (359 files, 89 folders).

I downloaded it from the link in your 'Screen Based Framework' Tutorial
The filename was diddy-1cc0998bce7d.zip. I renamed the folder to diddy in the module folder.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#6]
Thought so :)

You need to go into the src folder and copy the diddy folder which is in the src folder into your modules folder.

Asmodean(Posted 2014) [#7]
Now it works :D.
I read the install instructions several times, but I overlooked totally 'Go into the src folder '.
Many thanks for your help.