How do I change Window Title for Mac Desktop Build

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/How do I change Window Title for Mac Desktop Build

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#1]
Me again, I'm unable to find any instructions on how to do this , I have managed to change the Window Title for Windows but this does not work on a Mac:
#GLFW_WINDOW_TITLE="My Title goes here"

There must be something similar for a Mac as it comes up "Monkey Game" when I use above code.

Help ? there is nothing about changing window title in Monkey Help.

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#2]
I had another look, even though it does actually have my new title on the window, at the top of my Mac book it says "Monkey Game", how do I change that, as I don't want to release Mac builds called Monkey Game for everything I do in the future

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#3]
There is no way to do this via Monkey code. You have to open the Xcode project file for your application.
You have two choices...
completely rename the project or
look for the Product Name entry in the Build settings in the Packaging Section.

In either case renaming or changing the Product Name entry will mean that Monkey will not be able to run the built executable file as Monkey is hard coded to look for MonkeyGame.

Before making any changes you have to validate the Xcode project.
On the left column at the top has 8 icons. Click the little folder icon to show the Project Files outline. Click the MonkeyGame project icon. The column on the right should change and the top identifies it as Identity and Type. The edit box below shows the current name of the project. It is here where you can rename it. But, and this is important. You have to validate the Xcode project settings first. To do this click the Xcode project icon in the left column. You will find the Validate Setting item in the Edit menu bar at the top of your screen. By rights you should do this to the Monkey code template first when you get Monkey, and then every time there is an update to Xcode.

Now you can rename the project by using the edit box. After editing the name and pressing the return key; you will be asked if you wish to rename the project. It will also ask about making a backup copy.

The other way is to edit the Product Name entry. In the middle column at the top click the Build Settings text. Apple, in their wisdom have supplied Xcode with a search box so you can find settings quickly, so type product name and then double click the MonkeyGame text to bring up a little edit box where you can change it.

You should be able to edit code in Monkey and rebuild without using Xcode. But you cannot run your apps from the Monkey IDE. You have to run them directly or build with Xcode. You will find the final application bundle in the Xcode projects build folder.

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#4]
to sum up, Monkey will generate the source code but I'm going to to have to use Xcode to build for Mac & IOS.

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#5]
to sum up, Monkey will generate the source code but I'm going to to have to use Xcode to build for Mac & IOS.
In the end yes. But then you have to use Xcode anyway to do the final testing and deployment of any application for the appstore. Read about profiling and deployment. Monkey just makes it easier to use one language one framework to write for multiple targets. Just imagine what you have to do to write the same application for OS X and iOS.
So write and finish your program with Monkey and the when it's ready do the changes.