Unusable IDE?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Unusable IDE?

jimmbimm(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hello there,

i'm using monkey since a couple of days but now, while the project i growing i have some issues with the IDE.

At some point, after creating some bad code that crashes, i just can't click on anything except my browser. Everything works just fine... but i can't click it. When i use alt+tab to switch to the monkey ide it gains focus but when i click on it, it looses its focus.

After closing everthing on the desktop and reload the monkey ide it seems to work for a few moments. But then i can't click on the tabs anymore or the scrollbar etc. ... but at least i can move the window and browse the documentation o.O

Restarting helps. Till i make a mistake. It is just crazy, i don't get it :X

Does anyone have any idea how i can rid of this problem?

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#2]
You didn't say what operating system you are using, which version of Monkey or target you are building.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2014) [#3]
I remember getting this problem once when I put a division by zero in my code. It seemed to mess up either the IDE or translator until I restarted. that's the only time I ever got any problem of the kind.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2014) [#4]
on a monkey runtime error, an alert dialog pops up. sometimes, when the alert is hidden under other windows the IDE acts like you described.