Monkey Pro

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Monkey Pro

Woodman(Posted 2014) [#1]
I am new to Monkey and recently bought the Pro version. When I try to compile a piece of code that worked on the free version I get this error.

Can anyone explain to me how I fix it, thanks. I have Visual Studio 2013 installed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets(42,5): error MSB8020: The builds tools for Visual Studio 2010 (Platform Toolset = 'v100') cannot be found. To build using the v100 build tools, either click the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then select "Update VC++ Projects...". Install Visual Studio 2010 to build using the Visual Studio 2010 build tools. [C:\MonkeyXPro77f\dev\attack\attack.buildv77f\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj]

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2014) [#2]
Do you have the newest version of Monkey Pro installed or the version you got when you bought it. Cause the version from when you bought it is always outdated. To get the update click on your name on the top right corner and click "Product Updates". You'll find the updates there.

Also, the error mentions that you should have VS2010 installed.

dragon(Posted 2014) [#3]
>>>Install Visual Studio 2010 to build using the Visual Studio 2010 build tools

Volker(Posted 2014) [#4]
He is using V77f as you can see in his build path.
Woodman, take a look here, that may help.
http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=7996&post=79872
or this:
http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=4340

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2014) [#5]
I completely missed that. Nice catch Volker.

Also, part of my last post didn't get sent. Strange. I mentioned that the message said to install VS2010. Not sure why that disappeared.

Edit: Strangely enough by default for me 77f compiles using MinGW and not VS.

Arjailer(Posted 2014) [#6]
The free version of Monkey comes with the MinGW compiler in a sub-folder, but the Pro version does not.

You either have to install MinGW yourself, copy the MinGW folder from the free version into your Pro install (what I did at first - it's much smaller than the full install you get with the MinGW installer), or install Visual C++ 2010 Express (what I use now because I've personally found the compilation to be much faster than MinGW).