Babylon Monkey - How to open project?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Babylon Monkey - How to open project?

consty(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hello, this is my first post ever. Coming from the world of C#, now I will try Monkey as well. I must admit that so far everything seems very impressive. I hope to stick for good in this language. :-)

I would like to know how can I open this?
https://github.com/earok/Babylon.Monkey

It has some files like
samples.jiproj
samples.jungle

But I don't know if they are supported by the IDE. Any suggestions?

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2014) [#2]
Those are JungleIDE project solution and project files. Look here for an overview of the available text editors and IDEs: http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=7873&page=1

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#3]
The default Monkey IDE has a very simple project management system. Basically you just open a directory via the open project menu and any thing in side it will be the project. In the build menu there are two items named "lock build file" and "unlock build file". These are use to set/unset which .monkey file you wish use as the main application build file.

The git hub directory shows two sub directories.
Samples
Source

In the Samples directory there is a sub directory called babylon. The contents of this sub directory is the same as whats in the Source directory.
Open the directory Samples as a project, open the file named samples.monkey. Use the lock build file menu item and build and run.

consty(Posted 2014) [#4]
Thanks both, this information helped. Though I will wait for a while, until some problems of the project are resolved, then I will try again.

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#5]
To sumarize:

[*] .Jungle files are Jungle Ide solutions, and this file contains a list of Projects.
[*] .jiproj files are Jungle Ide projects, a bit like a csproj file in visual studio. It contains a list of files and options

Then this file types, which could be excluded from the repository:
[*] .JIPO files are the user options for the project. This should be excluded from the repo as it includes which files are open, cursor positions, etc. This is usually a local preference and not part of the project itself
[*] JILayout: This includes the user defined layout for the solution. That is, the whole IDE panels location. This is a IDE preference and should be excluded from the repository unless you want to have complicated merges when working on a team.

You can check the Jungle Ide website if you're interested (see my sig.)

consty(Posted 2014) [#6]
Thanks for the explanation. I have tried the Jungle IDE and it seems very handy, good work!
Though I was unable to compile the project, perhaps there's something wrong with the project, it seems that I will contact the developer to find out.