Help Needed Evaluating Monkey for OS X

Monkey Forums/Monkey Beginners/Help Needed Evaluating Monkey for OS X

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#1]
I'm evaluating Monkey for potential as a Multi platform language,

I have succeeded in getting the Demo version to work on Windows

I have failed to get the Demo Version to work on my Mac book, I presume my Mac book is to old running OS 10.7.5 (Lion) is this correct ?

Running Xcode 4.6 and I have the Command Line stuff etc installed also.

The IDE running on my Mac Book 4.1 and compiles reporting "success" but the fails to launch reporting "Return Code 11"

I can launch the HTML5 without problems on my Mac Book although reporting "sound errors" instead of playing the sounds, but then again im not going to use the HTML5 stuff anyway so I dont care about that, I just want to make executables then Android and IOS apps after that.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2014) [#2]
try loading the xcode project file in the build folder. see if it builds from there.
i use xcode 4.6 and lion, and i have monkey working, but i cannot build for iOS since Apple DEMANDS all apps to be built with Xcode 5.x.

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#3]
I loaded it in from xcode folder, comes up with

"your Mac runs a version of OS X which is lower than your minimum deployment OS"

I fixed it by reducing minimum deployment OS in Xcode settings.

BUT I still cant build from Monkey IDE ? I have to load the code into Xcode first and change the Minimum OS setting every time.

There must be a config file setting somewhere ?

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2014) [#4]
BUT I still cant build from Monkey IDE ? I have to load the code into Xcode first and change the Minimum OS setting every time.

go under monkey/targets/glfw/template/xcode and modify THAT project file. each time you build, it uses that file.
you will have to delete the old .build folders of your projects for this to take effect.

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#5]
Its working as it should now, Seems so obvious now (after you told me how) but before you told me how to do it, I did not have a clue !

Thanks.

I noticed I can build Executable Programs for Mac on the trial version, but not for Windows ?

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#6]
I noticed I can build Executable Programs for Mac on the trial version, but not for Windows ?

For the desktop platforms, you need to build them on that specific target. You can't build on OSX for windows for an example.

Boulderdash(Posted 2014) [#7]
Turns out I was using an older version of Monkey on My windows Laptop, Updated now I can build Executables on both OS X & Windows

Its working really nicely, I have a Mac Book set up side-by-side with my windows Laptop and both look the same etc...

Looks all good so far, i'm really impressed how easy its been so far, im already up and running for evaluation purposes. Just had that one problem of changing a setting to get it to work on my older OS X 10.7.5

Thanks